HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Rushing Water EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Rushing Water EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Rushing Water EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Rushing Water EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Rushing Water EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Rushing Water EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Rushing Water EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Rushing Water EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Rushing Water EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Rushing Water

Go down 
+3
Ziko
Shinikizo
Shani
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shani

Shani

Pride Points : 448614

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Shani was glad that Nyota had allowed her to stay in the Lowlands. She also thought it wonderful that their litters had been born around the same time, meaning that the cubs would grow up together and become like sisters and brothers. Even though Shani knew that soon, all too soon, Nyima's brother would be taken from her. Nyima was beautiful, and her brother was also, which meant it made Shani sad that the little cub would loose her brother so young. She was sure that the young cub would not understand, and she wondered if her own cubs would understand why their father took Ziko and Jabari. She knew that the girls had already become attached to their brothers.

"Alright you lot, enough lazing around here like the lazy little cubs you are, im going to take you to the Oasis and you can play there." Shani announced as she entered the den where her lazy cubs lay, dozing lightly. The only one who got up was her active, quiet cub, Ziko. Jabari soon dragged himself up, and finally the others had followed much to their disapproval shown by their grumbles and hisses to one another. Shani rolled her eyes and licked the top of Ziko's head as he immediately came to her side. Once they were all up and ready, she led them out and began to teach them the ways of the jungle.

"If you are ever being chased, try not to leave tracks and stick to things like rocks, branches, tree roots so that you don't rustle the leaves and the grass." Shani explained, her paws travelling across said items she'd just explained. The two who picked it up with relative ease were Jabari and Ziko. Upendo was quite good also, but Sakina and Malaika were too busy giggling to focus all that much. Finally, they arrived at the Oasis where the cubs eagerly frolicked and played, tumbling over one another. Shani laid down, rested her head on her paws and let her eyes drift shut as she smiled at the sound of her children. If only she could have Shinikizo with her, then she would have a family once more.

Last edited by Shani on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

Pride Points : 449663

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:13 pm

When Shinikizo had awoken that fateful morning he was scared to see that Shani and the cubs were nowhere in sight. It was as if the six felines had vanished from thin-air. It then hit the new father that Ismahel might have found them and sent them off, willing to deal with the light tan lion later. It had been weeks since the cubs were born and Kizo had finally received permission to venture out into the Savannah on the assumption that he would be looking for food and other females to join the pride. But Shinikizo's mission was the last thing on his mind, he wanted his children, and he wanted them now.

The dark maned male remembered that Shani mentioned that she came from the Lowlands and so Kizo instantly went there. He braved the sandstorms of the desert and the hot ground of the Savannah, all he wanted to know was if his cubs and mate were still alive. After a three day trek, beaten and bruised, the male finally arrived in the Lowlands and started searching for Shani's scent. Relieved that he found it, Kizo took off in the direction of the oasis, being extra careful to avoid any of the lions that roamed the lands. It only took him a few minutes before finally finding his mate. Overjoyed, Kizo bounded up and nuzzled her.

"Shani! You're alive! I thought you and the cubs wouldn't make it since Ismahel sent you away," he paused, "The cubs are all alright aren't they?"

(OOC: Sorry this post is so bleh, writers block with Kizo right now. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Shani

Shani

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:36 pm

The peacefulness of the world around her was interrupted as Ziko suddenly pounced on her and his jaws grabbed her ear. She mewled in protest and tugged her ear out of his grasp, and placed a paw on his body. "Oi! Don't grab mama's ear! That hurts." Shani protested as she licked him on the top of the head. His sisters and brothers giggled at him, and the 5 of them continued to play together and giggle. A soft wing washed over her fur and she let her eyes drift shut before they opened once more.

Shani then moved over to the water, dipped her head and drank some of it. After a moment, she moved back over to her original spot and laid down once more. She was incredibly tired as of late, being the mother of 5 cubs was bringing her down, and she didn't want to ask the others for any help as she was ashamed enough of herself for going behind Nyota's back, but the deed was done. She sighed and buried her head beneath her paws.

Suddenly, she was completely surprised at an all to familiar voice that she dreamed of. She was confused by his words, and pleased when he nuzzled against her. "Kizo!" She half-screamed, leaping up and pouncing on him. She pinned him down and rubbed her head against his. "They're fine, over there." She climbed off of him and pointed her paw to the now silent cubs.
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 9:37 am

The Coldland Male wrapped his arms around Shani as she pinned him down, he finally had his mate back and now he was able to see his children. Shani was extremely happy it seemed, but in the back of Kizo's mind he knew he was about to break her heart. He still had a mission to complete, and that was to take control of the Coldlands from Ismahel. And the answer to his prayers were Jabari and Ziko, his two sons that matched the Coldland's harsh environment the best.

Shinikizo had not been expecting Shani to birth five cubs to him, he was only excepting one or two. He also was not expecting to fall in love with her. This put a snag into his plans, what would she think when he went out to go search for more cubs to call his own? He could always lie and say that they were abandoned, but Shani would probably see through the lie. Kizo vowed never to become attached to another female, because he knew Shani would become his queen, and they and their five blubbering cubs would rule the lands as one.

When Shani released Kizo from her grasp, he stood up and padded over to the litter of five. The cubs huddled together, Sakina becoming extremely nervous. "Don't worry guys, I'm your daddy! I'm not going to hurt you," With this new information, the cubs seemed to relax a bit and started to wander around the male, curious of who their father was. The male laid down and smiled, looking over his cubs who were now fully active. First he looked to Ziko, the cub that looked so much like his own mother, and needless to say Kizo's stomach twisted. Ziko had bright crimson eyes, the only trait that Shinikizo did not want passed down.

Next was Jabari, his eyes matched his mother's and Kizo smiled with joy. Sakina had bright blue eyes and Malaika inherited Shani's violet eyes as well. But then came Upendo. Shinikizo watched his dual eyed son, a bright crimson and stunning violet in their respective eyes. He already was developing a dark brown mane like Shani's tail tuft, and his pelt was darker than Kizo's as he aged. Shinikizo was glad in his decision to keep Upendo with Shani, he honestly didn't want his look-a-like wandering about the Coldlands. Shinikizo stood and padded over to Shani, and with a hushed voiced he stated his plea.

"You know why I'm here, don't you Shani? I can convince Ismahel to let Ziko and Jabari come back with me, I've been on his good side for the past few weeks," It pained Shinikizo to split his litter, but in order for his plan to work it had to be done. He would kill all suspicion by leaving Upendo here, so it wouldn't look as if he was choosing the males like a russet being in the Pridelands. "We'll come visit too, every month I'll plan a trip! You'll be able to see our sons, and I'll be able to see our daughters and Upendo," Kizo sighed and nuzzled Shani softly, "I know that it must hurt, and it hurts me too, but it has to be done... I want to be a part of some of our children's lives,"
Back to top Go down
Shani

Shani

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:40 am

Shani nuzzled against Shinikizo as she felt him wrap his arms around her, and she giggled softly. Her heart swelled with joy and she seemed to forget the reason why he was here, even though she knew it in the back of her mind. She squashed the thoughts, over-whelmed with happiness that she had Kizo with her. She only wished she might convince him to stay with her, not to return to those horrid lands. Of course, the lioness knew it wouldn't happen, but she could only dream and hope despite her better judgement.

Shani buried her head against his neck, not wanting to ever leave his embrace but she could hear the cubs hissing to themselves and their concerned tones worried her. They didn't know who this lion was, though she hoped they would be intelligent enough to piece it together. She lifted herself up and off of Shinikizo with a soft and reassuring smile sent towards her cubs. It seemed that Sakina was most worried, as she curled into Malaika's side. Shani frowned at this, she didn't want her own cubs to be frightened of their father!

Shani took a small step forwards, her mouth open as she readied to introduce their father to them, but Kizo beat her to it. She saw them relax the slightest bit, and they slowly circled him as they studied their father. She noted the way Shinikizo's eyes were drawn to Ziko, and she suspected it was due to his strangely crimson eyes. It must've been a gene within his family, but then again she didn't remember if any of her own family held the crimson gene. "Stop it you lot, this is your father and I don't appreciate you studying him like tonights dinner!" She snapped, and immediately they fell back with ashamed looks at their mothers tone and disapproval of their actions.

As Shinikizo requested two of her darling babies go with him, she couldn't help the small growl that escaped her. She didn't care if the cubs heard her, she was purely furious and her vision was tinted red in anger. She barely took in the rest of the words, but leapt away from him as he nuzzled her, a ferocious growl ripping up her throat and spewing out with a series of hisses as she stood in front of her cubs protectively. "Don't you dare come near them, these are my cubs!" She hissed, looking down at the alarmed cubs. "I will not allow you to take Jabari and Ziko, its either you stay here or you leave with nothing!"
Back to top Go down
Ziko

Ziko

Pride Points : 445315

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:34 am

Ziko was delighted to play with his sisters and brothers, especially Laika and Kina, they both whined when he pinned them down. However, Ziko did enjoy the solitude and so as his siblings frolicked and played, he moved away from them slightly and stood by the water. He watched the water run and swirl together as his eyes fluttered shut. He hummed softly, before being pounced on by Jabari. "Gah! Geroff!" He growled back playfully and rolled so that he had his brother off of him. He bounded back over to the others, when suddenly a foreign lion approached his mother.

Ziko was fully prepared to jump over to his mother and protect her the best he could against this lion, when suddenly his mother pounced on the lion and showered him with affection. The duo's position was very intimate, and he too stared on in confusion and bewilderment along with his siblings. He growled once as the lion turned towards them, only to announce himself as their father. Ziko was the first to circle around his father with wary eyes, before his mother snapped at him and he fell back with his siblings, a look of shame crossing his features. He looked down at his paws with a sigh.

He tilted his head as his ears tilted forwards in a vain attempt to catch what his father muttered to his mother. Her violent reaction made Ziko jump back, and he was surprised when she came and stood protectively in front of them before denying their father taking him and Jabari. He looked at the others with a surprised expression, he did not want to be taken from his siblings at all! He liked it in the Lowlands with his mother, with Nyota, and especially with Nyima and Sakitu. Ziko slipped underneath his mother and sat on her paw with a worried look. "Mama, was' goin' on?" He asked in a confused voice, before he looked at his father. "Don' cha come near mama!" He exclaimed, a small growl leaving him as he stood protectively in front of his mother.
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Shinikizo stepped back appalled at his mate's ferociousness, he wasn't scared but he did not want to scare his children with any retaliation. "S-Shani? I thought we agreed on all this?" But then it hit the light brown lion, Shani had left the Coldlands with the children on her own accord, Ismahel didn't do a thing! A small growl was emitted from the male's pale muzzle and anger flushed through him, filling every inch of his body. For the first time ever, his claws became unsheathed and Shinikizo placed one step forward before being intercepted by none other than his son Ziko.

"Why didn't you just say something Shani?!" Kizo exclaimed furiously, "We could have worked something out, or was this all just a ploy?" The male backed up and huffed, growls coming out as he tried to control his anger. His bangs fell in his face as his dual-colored eyes scanned the family of six in front of him. Why was Shani doing this to him? He could have worked something out with her if she would of told him earlier! "Did you think I wouldn't let them visit? That was my first priority when we agreed to the arrangements!" Even more irritation flew through the male's body and he dug his claws into the soft, fertile dirt below him. "I even let you keep the girls! Upendo! Ismahel would have killed them on spot Shani, or he would have taken all of them from you!"

"How am I to trust you now? These are my cubs as well, and I have loyalties to my pride. Jabari and Ziko are Coldlanders Shani, and there is nothing you can do about it. I didn't want to resort to violence like my father would have but if I must then I will,"

(OOC: Sorry about this post too! xP)
Back to top Go down
Nyota

Nyota

Pride Points : 451473

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:11 am

There was a strange scent in the air, one unfamiliar to Nyota. She had been patrolling that day, ever watchful for the white lion that would come to claim one of her own cubs. Shani and her brood had disappeared, which gave Nyota an uneasy feeling. By now, why couldn't Shani understand how dangerous it could be to wander off alone, even in the apparent serenity of the jungle? The sound of two voices, one male and one female, drew her closer to the scene that was unfolding between Shani and Shinikizo. When she spied the tan lion, her lip curled back in a growl, knowing instantly that he must be the father of Shani's large litter. From the look of it, Nyota had arrived just in time, for tempers were beginning to flare, and the second she caught sight of the lion's claws unsheathing menacingly, she wasted no time hurrying to the scene of the drama.

She had heard enough, too, and found it impossible to keep her mouth shut as she stepped closer, ears folded back to show that she was not the least bit happy by what was taking place in her kingdom. Her glare fell upon Shinikizo, and her words were venomous. "A ploy? If anyone was scheming, it was clearly you, lion. Seducing a lioness barely old enough to become a mother, only to try to take her cubs away from her? Who do you think you are?" The fur on the back of the queen's neck was standing up, and her body was tense, ready to defend if the lion became violent. From the look of him, he could lash out at Shani or the cubs at any moment, and Nyota was not going to allow that. Now there were two Lowlanders here, and only one of him, not to mention the five terrified cubs.

So he thought there was nothing Shani could do to stop him, did he? The hateful look in Nyota's mis-matched eyes said it all: she thought Shinikizo was a monster before for tricking young Shani into mating with him, and finally meeting him face-to-face only confirmed her suspicions. What kind of lion professed his love, only to threaten to harm and take away her precious babies by force? He was the worst kind of lion, in Nyota's mind. "You are nothing but a common lion with a sick appetite for young, impressionable lionesses. You offer words of love, but this... This is not love. Your first priority was to get cubs, by any means necessary. Isn't that right? You lions are all the same! How many others have you fooled?" It took all of her self-control to keep from screaming at the lion, she was so disgusted by him. She didn't stop to think how hurtful the words may be to Shani, for her focus was on the lion before her.

"You, Coldlander, are trespassing in my territory. You are not wanted here, nor are you welcome. I will kindly ask you to step away from my pride sister and her cubs." Would Ismahel had killed Shani's cubs, as Shinikizo suggested? Somehow, Nyota doubted this. While she was not the white king's biggest fan, she had respect for him and his judgement. Her glare never left Shinikizo, for fear that he would try something stupid and try to lunge for Shani.
Back to top Go down
Duara

Duara

Pride Points : 448579

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:10 am

Duara had been patrolling as she had often taken to ever since she had been elected as co-queen of the Lowlands. This arrangement pleased her, as it meant she was now able to help Nyota even more with queenly duties, and deal with anything that would worry the new mother too much. An foreign scent hit her nostrils once more and she hissed, for it was male. She followed the scent through the jungle and noticed it was heading towards the Oasis. As she arrived, she peered through the trees and saw Shani with her large litter of cubs, Nyota and the lion whose scent she had been following. She didn't care for the way he was trying to take the cubs away from Shani, and after Nyota expressed her own disapproval she leapt out of the trees and came to stand in front of both Shani and Ziko with a growl.

Her eyes zoned in on his un-sheathed claws and this only made her angrier. How dare he enter these lands and try to take away the litter of a female barely old enough to even bare them in the first place? She was completely in agreement with Nyota, and she didn't want Shani to have her cubs taken away from her. "How dare you come here and try to take away Shani's cubs? This is her litter! And as Nyota has pointed out, you are the one with the ploy! Your type is not welcome around here, and if you are upsetting one of our own you are required to leave, now." Duara snarled.

She couldn't believe the nerve of some lions, mating with a lioness so young, and then trying to take away the cubs to that horrible land. SHe understood in Ismahel's and Nyota's case, as it was a mutual agreement between the two but Shani was young and would not mate for the cubs, but for love. She felt pure rage at the thought that he had tricked Shani into this so he could gain the cubs from it.
Back to top Go down
Shani

Shani

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Shani's eyes widened as his claws became un-sheathed and she snarled ferociously, her own making their presence known. She couldn't believe he would dare do that, and when he stepped forwards she moved into a more threatining position, before her snowy cub came in front of her to protect her. She looked down at him and placed one paw in front of him, before she sat herself back and pulled him towards her middle. She gave Shinikizo a deathly glare before she made sure that Ziko knew everything was alright - even if it wasn't. "Never you mind, Ziko, everything's fine." She mumbled to him, before she pushed him back over to the others and faced Shinikizo once more.

"How am I to let go of my first ever litter, Shinikizo?" She spat, her eyes flashing with pure rage. "These are my darlings, I don't want you raising them in those cold and barren lands and training them up to be heartless monsters!" She growled, before Nyota and Duara appeared on the scene. She felt annoyance when Duara stood protectively in front of her, and she nudged her out of the way with a paw and a soft smile to assure her she was fine. "A ploy?" She repeated venemously, before Nyota's words sunk in and she wobbled where she stood, her eyes filled with tears. She was so confused, and hurt. Nyota was right, Shinikizo was one of those lions her parents had warned her about when she was little. The ones that tricked you, then stole your cubs. When Kizo said he would resort to violence, Shani fell back behind Duara once more and ducked her head as tears fell.

She couldn't believe it, she'd been stupid enough to fall for a lion that was only in it for his own personal gain. He did not love her, nor the cubs, he merely wanted to ensure his own legacy. Shani didn't hear the rest of the words shared as she came to sit beside Duara. "Is it true? Did you trick me, Shinikizo?"

[[Sorry about this one, its 5:30am! x3]]
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:56 pm

The male was taken aback, heartless monsters? "Is that what you'd think I'd do Shani, turn our children into heartless monsters? Who ever told you that?!" The plan that Kizo had in mind was crumbling around him, his mate who he had never wanted to love but fell in love was denying him, and now two lioness figures found their way into the clearing and Kizo could tell that these were the Lowland's rulers. Words of him being a common lion who seduced Shani rang out of their muzzles, but Shinikizo didn't care.

The words of the Lowland queens did nothing to Shinikizo, for he only waited until they were done talking before bowing to them. "Queen Nyota, Queen Duara," Ismahel had talked about the dual rulers of the Lowlands and how they had almost killed Ismahel before he fled the lands. Or at least that's what Kizo's selective hearing had caught before his departure out of the kingdom and to the Lowlands to pick up his children. A small growl was given to the rulers and he held his head high, "As you can see I am only just of maturity, truly the same situation as Shani, barely old enough to be a father but yet it happened. I never intended to fall in love with Shani, she was only a passerby in the Coldlands, but yet something twinged! I couldn't keep my eyes off of her and yet I fell in love and as you may see by our children, I fell hard,"

But then the words of Shani broke Kizo's heart and tears unexpectedly flowed from his dual colored eyes. "Trick? Is that what you think this is Shani?" The trail of tears increased and soon the lion was almost on the verge of a breakdown. His claws resheathed and he sat down, his head hanging low as his sobs became audible, "Why did we name Upendo how we did Shani? Why did I say you should keep him? I wanted ever so much for you to leave the Lowlands behind but yet I feared Ismahel! I knew he might kill you, kill our cubs! Have the girls mate with ones that they do not love! A-And you think this is all a trick?!"

"Is everything that you told me a lie Shani? How you thought the arrangement was for the best? Please Shani tell me! I told you the reason behind my view of where the cubs went, I could persuade Ismahel because of their coat colors!" Shinikizo was heartbroken and now looked like a fool. Forget his plan to overthrow Ismahel, he might now lose his cubs for good! The male spitted out sayings of how it was just his luck, how it was all his father's fault that he was in this situation. And now because of the nature he bestowed on him he wouldn't be able to raise his cubs, not even one. The male stared into Shani's violet eyes, not caring about her queens surrounding her, "You know of my past Shani, I wanted at least some of our children to have a life unlike mine, I wanted to be the change,"

Shinikizo stood and clenched his eyes shut, he spoke now to Nyota, "I am sorry for trespassing your majesty, I just wanted to be a father to Jabari and Ziko," he paused and tried to regain his sanity for the day, but it seemed to have been lost, "I thought King Ismahel evicted Shani and the cubs when I was out getting breakfast, I came searching just to make sure they were alive," He growled now at himself and smacked the ground below him, "Please your majesty, I wanted no trouble, I just wanted my sons to come home!" If there was one thing Kizo was, it was that he was stubborn, and he almost always got what he wanted. But would today be different? Would today be the day he was denied everything?
Back to top Go down
Nyota

Nyota

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:01 am

The lion could no longer take the cubs by force, for he was outnumbered, so it seemed his strategy had changed. Now he was blubbering like a spoiled child who was not getting his way, and it did nothing to rouse the sympathy of the jungle queen. In fact, his show of tears and tortured emotions, so quickly following the threats he had given the lioness he now claimed to love, only bothered Nyota more. Did Shinikizo have a sincere bone in his body? "Your situation is far different than Shani's, you fool! You did not have to carry the cubs, nor suffer through the pains of labor to give birth to them. You did nothing but create them in a moment of lust. What do you know of love? True love takes months, if not years to grow into something meaningful. How long did you know each other? Days? Hours?"

She cast a look towards Shani, and though she did not wish to make her friend feel worse, there was a part of Nyota that felt that the younger lioness had brought this upon herself. Hadn't Nyota tried to warn her against visiting other kingdoms, months ago, before all of this? Yet she had left the pride lands anyway and gotten herself pregnant, and now she would have to pay the consequences for her youthful indiscretions, like it or not. When her mis-matched eyes again met Shinikizo's teary gaze, she was still seething with anger, despite his pleas. "Your poor decisions affect not only yourselves and your prides, but now five helpless cubs are the victims of your schemes, lion." If only the cubs had not been present for all of this, but they had all nearly been forgotten in the heat of the moment. "Duara, please take the cubs back to the large tree behind us. They have heard enough. But stay within eyesight," she added under her breath, still not certain if the strange, emotionally unbalanced lion would try something crazy out of desperation.

"I cannot claim to know Ismahel well, but why on earth would you assume he would kill her? You have it all wrong. I got the impression he would accept any lioness that crossed his path. If you bring your sons to his kingdom, they will be at risk. No king wants the sons of a common lion in his pride. They're boys, and a threat to his reign," she commented ominously, though she had no idea what Shinikizo's ultimate ambitions truly were. She didn't need to know, obviously she didn't trust the lion as far as she could throw him. His story just didn't add up.

But then, there was an equal chance that if Shinikizo went home empty handed, he would only return with his king as back up, and end up taking the boys regardless. The threat of Ismahel was the only thing that caused Nyota to pause and consider what may eventually happen, whether the Lowlanders allowed it or not. If Ismahel was on Shinikizo's side, it would be a disaster for the prides. Two cubs were not worth risking a war over, but obviously she could not voice this aloud. Shani was already suffering enough. "Jabari and Ziko are home, as far as I am concerned. But the decision is not mine to make." Her gaze shifted again to Shani, who she was still standing beside, shoulder to shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Duara

Duara

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 4:02 am

Duara was dis-believing of how rude and childish this lion was acting towards Shani, as if this were the young lionesses fault! She completely agreed with Nyota that the two had been foolish to love, but she held a soft spot for the chocolate lioness who was so young with so many to care for now, and so she felt as if she ought to defend the poor girl a little bit. "Shani is still very young, he is the one who has performed this trickery on such an innocent lioness. I should have known that a lioness so innocent as Shani would've been manipulated by a lion." Duara growled the last bit to herself, feeling guilty for not taking better care of the other members of the Pride. As Nyota was busy with more important matters, it was her duty and she had failed.

Duara remained silent as he spoke, and she snarled when he lied once more. She knew Ismahel, and though she did not care for the lion of the pure white coat, she did not think he would kill the girls in cold blood. He seemed to have a compassionate side she begrudgingly admitted, and she decided that since Nyota was not going to point this out - she would. "We know of your King, fool, do not lie anymore. Ismahel does not seem the type to kill a cub, more the type to kill the one has betrayed him." Duara would have loved to see Shinikizo suffer for this crime he had done, tricking this pretty lioness into such a horrific deed. She didn't like the thought, as it contrasted with her normally gentle nature but Shani was so young!

When Nyota asked her to take the cubs away, she did and she led the little, confused cubs to a tree not far off. She sat beside them as they threw questions at her, but she merely smiled and laughed softly. "Fear not, everything is alright I promise." Duara assured them, before she asked them to stay there as she crept close enough to hear without being too far from the cubs. She kept them in her line of sight as she listened to the rest.
Back to top Go down
Shani

Shani

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 1:17 am

Shani's head throbbed painfully, all this was too much. She looked down at her paws as Nyota scolded Shinikizo, effectively scolding Shani in the process. She knew she deserved it for what she had done, she had allowed a young lion to take advantage of her. She smiled weakly at Duara as she defended her, glad that at least one of her Queen's did not deem her a failure. She felt as if she were a failure as the sun beat down on her back, and her eyes watered again. If she could go back, she knew she wouldn't change it. She would've merely never gone to Shinikizo when she had the cubs in the first place, but instead stayed here with her babies and not allowed him to make an deals with her. She wouldn't change the deed itself not only because of the cubs, but because no matter if he had merely tricked her she still loved the lion before her. "I have failed you, my Queen's. For this, I am sorry." She apologised as she stared at her paws once more.

Shinikizo's tears upset her greatly, and she didn't want this. She wanted everything to be easier, she wished he could stay here with her. She'd never leave the Lowlands, she loved them with all of her heart and she couldn't walk away from her Pride sisters, they meant a lot to her with the way they were protecting her now. Shinikizo would say something sweet that made her smile softly, and Nyota would bring out the truth behind his words. She was torn now, she did think it was a trick as she listened to him. She went to say sorry, but Duara and Nyota both corrected him and she growled. He was lying, again and again! "Stop lying to me." She growled, stepping forwards as Duara led the cubs away. Now, she would get angry. Very, angry. "Do not stand in front of me with your fakeness and lie to me! I will not take it, this is greatly offensive! I have never met this Ismahel, but I trust Duara's judgement and if she does not think Ismahel would kill me and my cubs, then I do not think this! If I hear one more lie from you in an attempt to take my cubs," she left the words hanging, her claws becoming un-sheathed as she bared her teeth at him.

Her anger reaching boiling point as he then asked her if she was lying. She had not been, she had agreed with the arrangement until she had looked at her two cubs and could not bare to let the duo go. She loved them dearly already. "I was not lying until I saw them. I did not want them to live in those barren lands without their mother!" She snarled. She let her eyes shut as her tears dried up and she tried to calm herself, tried not to attack the lion in front of her. The love she felt for him was rapidly fading, morphing into hate. "And they would've had a different life, here, with me." She pointed out in a calmer tone.

Shani was surprised at the childish and stubborn way that Shinikizo was behaving about getting the cubs, as if he were demanding he get an equal share of that nights dinner. "These are cubs we're talking about, not your dinner. You cannot demand that they leave, and I agree with Nyota," she flashed a smile at her Queen, feeling warm that she had left the decision up to her. Even if they were Shani's cubs, it still meant a lot to have that authority. "Get out, you are not welcome here, and I am sure that the Queen's would agree with me. You have given me no reason to give you the cubs, and you're lying and trickery has caused me much pain and assured me that you would not be a good father." She spat at the ground by his feet with her lip curled.
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:12 am

It was obvious that Shinikizo was fighting a losing battle, but he thought that Shani would be on his side! But instead her queens were twisting his words, telling the female that he was lying in order to keep the cubs here in the Lowlands with her. But when Nyota questioned the time true love takes, Kizo glared at the Lowland Queen, "Sorry if I overstep my mark Queen Nyota, but it seemed that my king fell in love with you in a short amount of time as well," Kizo paused and spat out the name that she had used to deceive his king into bearing her cubs, "Aida," He could have easily spun off a story on how Ismahel had talked about her day and night after she vanished, but he was too uneasy to bring up a lie, everyone was accusing him anyway.

But then both questions questioned on why the male would think that Ismahel would kill Shani and the cubs. In reality he wouldn't, he was a kind and fair king! But for Shinikizo, his father had installed a hate and distrust for the royal family and Shinikizo swore when Ismahel looked at him he knew he was busted. It was as if he knew that Kizo was plotting against him or something. But forget the plot, forget the schemes, Shinikizo wanted his children. "How do you know what he is like? Have you lived with him your whole life? Did you see what kind of a royal family there is in the Coldlands? But most of all do you know me?" Here, Shinikizo had changed the subject completely from Ismahel onto him, the nerve the lionesses had on claiming he was lying every step of the way wasn't true.

"You claim that I lie but how do you know that I lie? You were not there when Shani came to the Coldlands, you were not in my body when she first had laid her paw upon mine, you have no idea the way I felt," Kizo sniffed away his last tears and started to recite pieces of the conversation that he and Shani had when they first met, but first to add one more piece of information, "My mother always said that falling for the opposite gender was easy, quick even with the Coldlander's mindset, she claimed that the Coldlanders were passionate lovers and were the first to have their hearts broken. Today I can see why she said all those things," And now Shinikizo would start the recital, "I want to be a good father, not abusive as my father was upon to me," he paused then turned to Shani, "I don't want to lose you Shani, or this chance that I might have with you. Y-you don't have to say yes, I'll understand,"

His words were now only being spoken to the mother of his cubs, hoping that he would be able to sway her into parting with her cubs, "Sorry Shani, if this isn't what you want, you can leave..." he now skipped to the morning after the deed was done, "What are you going to do now? I want you to stay here, but you can return home if you wish," and then again to the day the cubs were born, "As for Upendo, I want him to stay with you my dear. To remember me by, because I will always love you Shani," Kizo paused for a moment as Shani threatened him but kept up his act, he wanted to be a father, but he couldn't leave the Coldlands either. "Do you not remember these words I have spoken to you my dear? I gave you all types of chances to go home, go back to the Lowlands and yet you stayed! If I was the horrible lion like I am being accused of, you would have died after you gave birth to the cubs or I would have placed you under lock-down in the Coldlands,"

Shinikizo scoffed, "Barren? In all honesty Shani the lands have gained in numbers, the herds are coming back and there are cubs! Jabari and Ziko wouldn't be the only cubs there!" he paused and snarled for a moment, "I didn't demand them Shani, I only asked, if I would have demanded them I would have attacked but yet I controlled myself, even if my claws came out," When Shani had told the male to get out he stood his ground and only glared at her, she accused him of not being a good father when she hadn't even seen him parent! Lying and trickery? Maybe in the beginning but now all he felt was love, and Kizo was completely hopeless right now. "No," he finally stated, "I planned to raise my sons the way my mother would have raised me without my father's abusiveness, teach them of the Circle of Life, teach them how to hunt!"

He stopped talking and paced in a circle slowly but not around Shani or the cubs or even the queens, just in the spot where he was standing to blow off steam. "Every other week, that's how frequently I wanted to come back here so they could visit with their family, the cubs wouldn't forget who their mother was, or who their sisters and brother were!" He stopped pacing and looked at his cubs with gentle eyes, hopefully one of them would say "I wanna go with daddy!' but Kizo knew that it wasn't going to happen, "I'm sorry for all the trouble I have caused, I just wanted to be a father like I thought would happen," he bowed to the Lowlander Queens again and turned to Shani, "Then if I cannot have them let me at least say goodbye," Oh Kizo had no plan on leaving, but he strolled past Shani anyways and unto the cubs. If any of the females attacked he would fight off the pain and keep on walking.

When Kizo finally reached his cubs and smiled and laid down in front of them, "Well my children, I don't think your mother wants me to stay here any longer," he sighed and nuzzled the closest cub to him, Sakina, "I just want you to know that daddy always loves you, and that if you ever need anything I'll always be here for you, for all of you," But instead of standing up, Kizo stayed on the ground and pulled each of his cubs close and nuzzled them, giving his daughters an extra lick to the head. When Kizo took Upendo into his arms, the cub wrapped his arms around him and started to tear up, "Bu daddy, dun go," The male sighed and nuzzled his son an extra length of time, "But I must my Upendo," When he pulled the cub gently off he placed him with his siblings where he started to cry. Kizo smiled and patted him on the head, "Don't worry, I'll be back some day! And hey, maybe you all can come to where I live! I bet you've never seen snow before!" The cubs all looked around at each other dumbfounded but Kizo shook it off. However he only lay on the ground, staring at his beautiful cubs for possibly the last chance he would get.
Back to top Go down
Nyota

Nyota

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Nyota only gave a laugh, and she shook her head, once again thinking the lion a fool. Of course she didn't like that he mentioned her own misdeeds that had led to her litter, but that was a different story entirely. Shinikizo didn't have a clue what had happened then or since that day in the mountains. "I should have you imprisoned for your behavior, lion, watch your tongue before Gerezani becomes your new home! Ismahel never once professed to love me when he thought I was someone else, nor did I ever utter such nonsense. A lion wants one thing: to spread his seed. In the case of a king, it is understandable. While it is none of your business, rest assured that Ismahel and I have reached a mutual agreement, and your kingdom shall have its heir. Your king got what he wanted, ultimately, and he shall have his son -- and an alliance with my pride."

But Shinikizo WAS lying, whether or not he was even aware of it. Not even Nyota was cognizant of how deep his lies and deceit were. Perhaps somehow, he had fooled himself, too, because all he had originally wanted was cubs. He had planned to seduce -- and possibly murder -- any lioness that he found in order to keep his cubs. Most likely, if he got the chance to mate again, he would take another female without thinking twice about his supposed 'mate' Shani. The only problem was, his emotions had clouded his judgment, and his original plan had been uprooted. Perhaps he no longer planned to kill Shani, but he couldn't truly fool himself to think that he HADN'T misled her, could he? Nyota did not need to know all the facts to be certan that this strange lion was mentally disturbed, and every word he spoke caused the jungle queen to loathe him even more. Nyota didn't doubt that he thought he loved Shani, but he would have easily fallen for any pretty lioness who crossed his path. He was the same as every other lion, truly. "My mother taught me that a lion will say and do anything to father a litter. I was also taught that only kings were given the honor of passing down their legacy, not any plain, common lion with his own hidden agenda," she said with an annoyed snort.

Now Shinikizo tried to act understanding, like he would just accept whatever his cubs' mother said next, despite the fact that he had just threatened her! His behavior was truly outrageous and out of line for Nyota, and she couldn't help but growl at him. Still, this was Shani's decision, as she had said. But every time he called her my dear, Nyota cringed visibly. He was trying to trick her all over again! Nyota had met many loathesome creatures in her lifetime, but Shinikizo was downright vile. He spewed whatever nonsense he thought it would take to steal the cubs away, and Nyota shook her head, unable to keep one final comment to herself. "She is home." She followed slowly when Shinikizo approached the cubs, expecting him do... Who ever knows! Kill them out of out spite? Grab a couple of them and run for it?

This was Shani's ordeal to make sense of, Nyota was only there for back-up, and she sat beside Duara, still seething with anger. Those two foolish young lions could go out and making a litter without any effort, it hardly seemed fair. Glancing over to Duara, she could not help but wonder briefly what would be the result, if she and her beloved companion had the same liberty. Ismahel would never have been a part of the picture, but it was impossible for two females to produce a litter, and she knew it was wishful thinking.

Last edited by Nyota on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

Pride Points : 443360

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:14 pm

Throughout the entire ordeal, the litter of five were, above all else, terribly confused by the fight. When he saw Shinkizo's claws come out tfor the first time though, young Jabari was seized by his own disbelief. Is this what a father was? If so, he didn't especially want one, after all! This lion claimed to be their father, who loved them all, but this looked to be just the opposite. Nyota and Duara quickly joined the fray, and Jabari could only watch as the hateful words were exchanged all around. The heaviness of the situation was lost on him, but his sisters were in tears, and little Jabari did his best to try to calm them as the argument became heated. Why did the lion want him and Ziko, but not the others? If Jabari were older, maybe he would have been flattered that he had been picked from the litter because he was bigger, male, and more likely to survive in the harsh climate of the Coldlands.

When the lion finally approached the terrified cubs to say goodbye, Jabari's ears were set back flat against his skull. How could he do and say such awful things to their mother, and then claim that he loved his family? The young cub kept his distance until his father pulled him close to nuzzle him, which was met by an annoyed hiss from the dark youngster. He froze in absolutele horror, fearing that his short life was about to come to an end, but the lion soon released him. Then, Shinikizo patted Upendo on the head. Instantly, Jabari thought Kizo was trying to hurt his slightly smaller brother, and he darted over to the two with his eye narrowed. "Don't you touch my brother!" He spit out angrily, raising a paw to reveal his tiny, needle sharp claws. Without thinking twice, he brought his claws down across his father's nose, leaving four thin scratches across his pink nostrils. The cuts were not deep, but blood instantly trickled to the surface of the wounds.

It was the fighter of a cub Shinikizo had always wanted, but this was undoubtedly not exactly what he would have expected. The fur on the back of Habari's neck stood straight up and he growled at his father, as menacingly as he could manage, trying to seem scary enough to show Kizo he wasn't afraid of him, after all. "Why did you have to come here and make Mama cry? You're a bad lion, a very bad lion!" He scolded, his little face was contorted with anger and confusion, and before he could try to control himself, he burst into tears.
Back to top Go down
Shani

Shani

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:21 am

Shani shook her head, the world was beginning to spin before her. Around and around, it just wouldn't stop. Oh, how the young lioness wished it would. She let her eyes shut and she felt her legs wobble as she tried to control herself. She opened them after all the talking, and she followed Shinikizo, controlling the growl that threatened to escape when he drew Upendo close to him. She smiled softly when Jabari became infuriated with Shinikizo, and she knew that he'd be just fine. SHe couldn't keep away her entire litter, and she knew that she'd check on them weekly. She looked between Shinikizo and Jabari, before her eyes welled up and she was crying once more. She moved forwards and first pulled Ziko towards her, placing an affectionate lick on the top of his head.

"Mama? Why you cry?" The white cub asked, but she merely nuzzled him softly. Her heart thudded loudly in her ears, but she was sure they'd be fine. These were her baby boys, and already they had shown signs of future strength. She didn't want to let them go, but she'd have to. Shinikizo had rights, and his words had softened her. He wasn't lying to her, despite what the Queen's thought. She knew it now, and though it pained her to think it, she knew he'd be a good father for them. She moved onto Jabari, pulling him into her embrace and nuzzling him as well. "Be brave, my darling. You are strong, I know you are, and i'll always love you. I'll see you as often as I can." Lies, she thought to herself. She didn't want to see them after this, see how they had changed. It would be better if they forgot about her, foot about their sisters and their brother. It would all be easier that way. She turned to Shinikizo, Ziko and Jabari still gathered close to her.

"Take care of them."

[[OOC: Gah, sorry! Last week of school is always when I get work piled on me, but I'm on holidays now! Smile ]]
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:04 am

The lion didn't care for anymore words that the Lowland Queens had to say and he was only focused on his cubs. They were beautiful, and Jabari had every right to attack him. Shinikizo clenched his eyes shut and held back every ounce of pain that he was delivered. As blood trickled off of his nose, he smiled at his cub, "I don't mean to be a bad lion Jabari, I lost my temper and for that I am deeply sorry," He spoke more to Shani with this than his son, but still he couldn't help but smile at how protective his son was. Kizo had no idea what would be in store for him when he returned home, but he knew that if he was able to bring his sons home then they would have to stick together.

But soon, Shani pulled Ziko and Jabari close to her and gave them affectionate licks and goodbyes. It almost broke Kizo's heart to see her cry and have to depart from her children, but he knew that they would be back in two weeks or so for a visit. Dual colored eyes shifted to Upendo who was still crying slightly. But when Shani said to take care of them, the young cub padded up to his mother and placed his paw on hers, "Mumma, why can't I go with daddy?" Shinikizo wanted to cry, but he couldn't and looked back at Shani, "Don't worry, I'll take care of them," he stepped closer to Shani and looked into her violet eyes, "Hey, don't cry Shani, we'll be back really soon," but his next sentences were spoken in a whisper so the Lowland queens couldn't hear, "These are still your sons, they are as much as yours as they are mine, but they will not change as you my fear. I am not my father, they will be loved and cared for, trust me Shani. I'll love these cubs as much as I love you,"

And now Kizo turned to his sons, the two whom their parents had seemingly agreed to leave in the Coldlands at birth. Oh how he wished to be less intimidating! How he wanted to get rid of his scar and his blasted red eye that Ziko seemed to have inherited. He crouched down and smiled, and spoke with a calm and soothing voice, "Come on now boys, we have to leave before we get into more trouble," he chuckled, "we'll be back, don't worry! And I can even carry one of you while the other rides on my back, it will be a long trip back home," Shinikizo held out his paw, waiting for one of his sons to take it, "I won't hurt you, nor will I ever hurt you, trust me," He knew his sons would be defiant, but he didn't want to force them to leave, he would wait until they were ready, or Nyota kicked them out of the Lowlands. His heart soared and a smile broke through, he was proud today, he would finally be able to be a father!
Back to top Go down
Nyota

Nyota

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:56 pm

A laugh was choked back when Shinikizo's cub lashed out at the lion, secretly pleased that someone had the guts to do what a few of the others wished to do. But Nyota remained silent, unable to shake the gnawing dread that filled her when she looked at the lion before her, trying to warm up his wary sons to his intrusion upon their young lives. A lone male with no title had no reason to want cubs, especially sons, which no doubt would be seen as a threat to not only Ismahel, but to Nyota's own son as well. Her heart went out to Ziko and Jabari though, for their lives would soon be very different. Nyota's time in the Coldlands had been brief, but the climate was simply unbearable, and she imagined the jungle cubs freezing to death in a snow-packed cave while Shinikizo sought other pretty young lionesses to toy with. Or even worse, the lion would realize how special the jungle truly was, and return with claws splayed once again, trying to claim the throne from the two queens.

The chocolate brown queen thought Shani was making the wrong decision, but it was her decision to make, and Nyota would not argue. It annoyed the lioness to see the joy on Shinikizo's muzzle when he realized he had gotten his way, and nothing could change the contempt she felt for the lion. "You will remain at the borders, if you do choose to return with the cubs. For the safety of my pride, and the safety of Shani, only the cubs are permitted to enter the jungle. I would strongly advise against traveling between the kingdoms repeatedly, though. Surely even you have the sense to know that the savanna is filled with rogues hungry enough to devour a cub." Her voice fell an octave as she spoke so the cubs would not overhear, unwilling still to make them fearful for the long trip ahead of them. It was not a journey meant for tiny legs, with only a reckless father to guide them.

Her mis-matched eyes fell again to the dark pelted cub, and his white brother, and she shook her head ruefully. The poor little dears. But there was nothing more for her to say or do. Her only worry now was seeing Shinikizo off, so that she was certain the lion was truly gone. There was just something about him that seemed dangerous, and Nyota was unsettled by his presence in her kingdom. It didn't matter to her how Shani felt about the lion. With any luck, she would loathe the father of her cubs now, but Nyota suspected it would not be so easy for the two to keep away from each other, in spite of the scene that had unfolded that day. The lioness cleared her throat, clearly losing her patience with his presence there.
Back to top Go down
Jabari

Jabari

Pride Points : 443360

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:10 am

All the while, Jabari could only stare in shock between his mother and father. No one even bothered to correct his violent outburst. His father looked more sad than injured, and Jabari realized his claws wouldn't work in this situation. The cub had no desire to leave the jungle, especially not with that mean lion! He glared at Shinikizo the best that he could to show that he did not approve of this, whatever was happening. How could his mother give him away? Jabari was so confused, so hurt, that he felt almost numb. He wasn't even sure how to feel now, watching as his father reached out a paw to him encouragingly. One last look was cast back to Shani, who was crying, but still allowing it to happen.

As young as the cub was, Jabari knew that crying wasn't going to fix the problem he was about to inherit. Resisting only meant that he would look weak in front of his siblings, in front of the queens. Jabari did not like to appear weak. Resisting meant that he would be forced to go anyway, no matter how much he screamed and hissed and scratched. Perhaps he could run off when Shinikizo wasn't looking, and come back... But no. Shani would only return him to his father's care. He was certain of it. His violet eyes shifted to Ziko, trying to find some semblance of hope in his brother. Perhaps if both of them fought, together, they could change things? But Ziko didn't look like he was angry, and Jabari was at a loss.

One thing was certain: there was no way Jabari was going to let the lion touch him, even if it meant walking for days. He fancied himself to be a tough cub, probably stronger than all of his litter mates. Apparently he was also quite stubborn, and he stared at his snowy brother, awaiting his move. If Upendo wanted to go, then let him! But Jabari didn't say another word. He didn't know what to say.
Back to top Go down
Ziko

Ziko

Pride Points : 445315

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Ziko growled along with Jabari as Shinikizo pulled Upendo into his embrace. "Let go o' him!" The small cub hissed, his eyes glued to Jabari as the cub scratched their father. Ziko looked at Jabari curiously, for though he thought that Shinikizo deserved it, a cub should never out-step his place and attack an elder. It was something their mother had told them countless times, and he was most definitely surprised when their parents did not scold Jabari for his behaviour. Ziko returned his gaze to their father, loathing filled his eyes. He didn't want to go with him, he made their mother cry and he was trying to take them away from their sisters and Upendo! It was un-fair and mean in Ziko's eyes, and he felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise up as he lowered himself to the ground and swiped a paw at their father, pretending he was big enough to take him on.

Ziko had been most definitely glad that his mother had refused father to take them. Which was why he straightened up and let out a yowl of protest as she seemed to give in. She pulled him closer to her, and he asked why. She ignored him as she placed a lick on the top of his head, before she also pulled Jabari close and informed their father to 'take care of them'. "Wha'? No!" He looked up at his mother desperately. Ziko noticed that Jabari looked at him, as if seeking his reassurance but Ziko remained still and silent once more. They would not be able to sway their mother, she had made her choice and it was her choice alone. When Jabari seemed to not want to be carried by their father as he said nothing, Ziko decided he would speak up.

"I dun' want cha to carry me." Ziko growled, his head held high. He was offended by the mere offer of such a thing, as if he were pathetic, weak, could not carry his own weight. Ziko huffed and scratched at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sakina

Sakina

Pride Points : 440808

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:32 pm

[blockquote]
Sakina had been playing peacefully with her brothers, but was also off to herself and chasing a few bugs. She did not stray too far from Shani though. It was the foreign lion that had brought her attention to what was going on. He said that he was their daddy, and she almost bound up to him but instead decided to hide behind her mother. It was then things began to unfold horribly. The little cub backed up further away from what was going on. The whole thing was frightening her. She wanted to run. It was then the queen and co-queen had gotten involved.

The next thing Sakina knew, she was running off to get away from it. She hid in the bushes, only to watch when in the end, Ziko and Jabari were going to go away with Shinikizo, "Mama! No! Please don't let him take away Ziko and Jabari!" She said, emerging from her hiding spot in the brushes and running up to her mother. This lion was not her father! He could not be her father! He was a horrid lion and she did not like this first impression she had gotten! Her head tilted upwards as she looked to Shani and then she looked to Shinikizo. Sakina lightly bit her bottom lip, not knowing that her father was going to take the two away whether she wanted them to or not.
[/blockquote]

((Sorry I got this in late, but better late than never I suppose?))
Back to top Go down
Duara

Duara

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:32 pm

[[OOC: Sorry its so short! Sad ]]

Duara stood and watched the events un-fold, the hairs on the back of her neck raising as she looked back to where she'd placed the cubs. She growled menacingly as Shinikizo began to embrace his cubs, and she felt her anger rising. One wrong move and she knew that he would be dead, all three lionesses would ensure that. She moved over to the bush where Sakina was hiding and gently licked the top of the young cubs head. "It's alright, nothing is going to hurt you." She assured the cub and gently nudged her out of the bushes. She stood guard, her violet eyes fixated on Shinikizo's every move. She felt a smile on her muzzle at the boys resistance to accept their father. It was why Duara was shocked when Shani gave in, obviously tired of the fight that she wasn't going to win. Duara wanted to roar and pronounced that he could never take the cubs, but it was Shani's decision and so she bowed her head with sorrow. She'd become fond of all the cubs in the short time she'd known them, but was proud still when they refused their father's offer to carry them.

"If I may say so, I know that if you lay a single paw against these cubs I will not hesitate to hurt you, whether Shani likes it or not." Duara added and frowned at Shani, conveying her disapproval of the young lionesses choice. She then moved forward, bent her head low and whispered to the boys, "You will always be welcome here, remember that." And moved back a respectable distance to allow Shani to say her goodbye's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rushing Water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushing Water   Rushing Water Empty

Back to top Go down

Rushing Water
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TLK: Dark Horizon :: Everything The Light Touches :: Lowlands :: Oasis-
Jump to: