HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
First Steps as King EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
First Steps as King EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
First Steps as King EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
First Steps as King EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
First Steps as King EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
First Steps as King EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
First Steps as King EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
First Steps as King EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
First Steps as King EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

First Steps as King

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ni

Ni

Pride Points : 450492

First Steps as King Empty
PostSubject: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:42 am

It all had happened so fast, one moment he was rejoicing in the new family that he had created, and the next Ni was horrified. The hyenas had found the King of the Shadowlands, but alas, he was not alive. His body lay on the outskirts of the territory, he had been attacked by a lion and now he had all but been lost to the vultures. There was almost nothing but his skeleton to bury, but the pride still did it. Kimondo had no children, no mate, no heirs, and for that Ni was next in line. The male had never wanted to become more than prince, but in a split second responsibilities were thrust upon him and Ni wanted to just run away like a cowardly cub. But if not him, then who else would lead the Shadowland Pride? None were of the 'royal' bloodline except for his two sons Kiasi and Makosa, but they were only cubs, far too young to run a kingdom.

The initiation ceremony hadn't been for a few days, and an elder lion of the pride christened Ni as the new king. The roar that Ni gave out took a minute to emerge from his vocal chords and there were whispers that he wasn't suited to be king. But he had been in power before when Kimondo was missing, so it wasn't much of a difference, just a title. But the roar was one of the strongest roars that the male had ever gave, and the rocks around his feet almost trembled when the sound waves came into contact. The lions had roared back, claiming Ni as their new king, and Kimondo's name was whispered into the breeze to pay respects for their fallen warrior. Ni had walked off to Kimondo's grave and tried to find peace with his brother, to apologize for not searching for him while he was missing. All he wanted to do was see his bright cerulean eyes one last time, the same eyes his mother had, but little did he know he would see them soon.

And now, King Ni padded around the misty canyon, relaxing slightly after a rough morning of complaints. The king wanted nothing to do with it, only to be with his family. The newly ranked king sighed and thought back to his sons, they weren't blood related, so they couldn't be king unless they overthrew their 'dad', but they probably didn't know that. Great, now Ni would have to come up with a plan to get them to believe that they couldn't be king. "This job is much too stressful," Attempting to blow off steam, Ni found his way to his favorite ledge and cleared it off of the small bones and rocks. The king lounged here and closed his eyes, hoping that if anyone showed up, it wouldn't be for some kingly business. But Ni was quickly figuring out that that wasn't likely.
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

Pride Points : 442242

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:24 pm

As usual the tan form of Kiasi wasn't anywhere near his mother, not that he didn't love Abuto and Makosa but he couldn't stand sitting around and doing nothing. Following his mom around was only so fun for so long, he'd rather be with his father learning how to fight or play wrestling with him in the dirt. His paws were already filthy from stomping around in dust in the Elephant Graveyard, he'd been pouncing everything that moved with as fierce a growl as he could muster.

Now he'd gone in search of his father since all of his prey, beetles, had decided to scurry off to hide somewhere else. He'd been just about all over the place, asking around for Ni, or King Ni as he was now called. Kiasi had never met his fathers brother but he had known enough to be respectful when they had buried Kimondo and had did his best, in his own way, to comfort his father and tell him what a great King he would be. Technically that made Kiasi a Prince, which he didn't mind, he had always fancied himself royal, he was distinguished enough with an impressive physique and he was good at everything! At least in his own eyes.

He finally made it to a the last place in his search, his head held high as he walked. King Kiasi, he fancied that title. He waved his tail behind him and darted through the canyon before scaling some rocks and pulling himself up onto a ledge with a grunt. He hadn't expected to run across his father so quickly but he saw the golden form that was so familiar stretched out on the ledge with his eyes closed. The cub smirked and immediately crouched down into a pouncing position, his rear wiggled four times before he finally threw himself at his dad with as much momentum as he could. "Gotcha!" he called out before he had even landed, he hadn't though that might give Ni enough time to move but it likely did.

He was aiming for his ear so he could chomp down gently on it and tug as ferociously as a cub could.
Back to top Go down
Ni

Ni

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Silence filled the air as Ni caught a quick nap on his favorite ledge, it hit him as he napped that this was the same place where he had came across Abuto months before. It started as a simple friendship and now, Ni had no idea why he was feeling this way towards her. Yes she was the mother of his adopted cubs, but it was a spur of the moment idea to do so, but was he really feeling this way for her? No, it couldn't be, it was just because Abuto was raising his cubs with him. Yeah, nothing else, they were just friends in this shadowed environment. Besides, Ni was king now, he had more important things to worry about than love at this point. But still, the thought irked the golden king as he took in his slow and heavy breaths. Soon enough however, Ni's silence would be interrupted once again.

Ni had just grasped the concept of sleep when suddenly a sound was barely heard. Ni opened his right eye slightly and was then hit with the large mass of a cub; the impact taking out the king's breath for a moment. When the male looked up at his ear which was being playfully nipped at he saw none other than his oldest son Kiasi. As sleepy as Ni was and as much as he wanted to just take a nap, he smiled and growled at his son, pulling him off of his head with his paw and placing him in his arms. He looked down at his tawny pelted son and smiled, peering into his bright orange eyes that seemed to burn like an everlasting ember. "Now Kiasi, that's no way a prince should greet their family," Ni chastised playfully, but soon he laughed and bumped his head onto his son's, "Ah who am I kidding? You're a cub, you can act like that for now!" The word prince ran through Ni's mind, with his rise to power that made his sons princes. They now held a title that rightfully wasn't theirs, but only he, Abuto, and the two hyena spies who delivered them were the only ones to know.

Would he ever tell his sons that they were adopted? No, he couldn't think of how destroyed they would be if he did that. It was true that his sons could never be king, if there was one thing that Kimondo taught him it was that fact alone. Kimondo would of done anything to secure himself an heir if it meant adopting a cub, but that was a law of the Shadowlands, one that had been passed down for generations. Ni tried to remember how far back their family line went in the royal position, but all he could remember was that before Kimondo, Ni's aunt and grandfather ruled the lands. That was something Ni wished he could of had, a family, instead of his parents who were killed when he was a cub. But no, he had a family now; he had two amazing sons and an amazing caretaker for those cubs, Abuto. Ni stared at Kiasi and smiled again, "So Kiasi, what are you doing out here all by yourself? I would of thought you would be with your mother and Kosa," In all honesty, Ni was disheartened by his second son's name and he refused to call him Makosa. Instead he opted for Kosa, and vowed he would only use his youngest's full name if for important business or if he was in severe trouble. The king flicked his tail and looked to his son, waiting for an answer for why he had been off on his own.
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 am

His father hadn't noticed a thing and the cub tugged in triumph, he was a mighty hunter after all to have snuck up on Ni! He let out an oomph when his father scooped him up with just a paw and dropped him into his arms like he used to when he was but an infant. He grinned and swung a playful paw at Ni's nose before giving up and laying there on his back while Ni chastised him but then relented butting his head against the small back tuft on his head. "Dad" he grouched and squirmed in the males grip to smooth down his tuft again, he enjoyed the nuzzles but he had an image to keep up here!

When asked why he was out there without his mother or brother he made a face, wrinkling his nose. "They were doing boring stuff, and I think mom wanted to...err, nevermind! I just was chasing a beetle!" he covered up and gave his father a wide innocent grin. He knew better than to tell his father that he had ran away from a bath, he wasn't sure if his mother had planned on giving him one but he'd seen her eyes his dirty paws and pelt. It wasn't princely to be unclean but who wanted to be princely if it was no fun!

He squirmed to get out of his fathers grip and finally managed to flip out landing on his feet with an accomplished look on his face. He sat down and flicked his tail before tilting his head to the side, "Wait...what are YOU doing out here?" he asked turning the tables on the golden king with a smirk. If his father could ask so could he, so there!
Back to top Go down
Ni

Ni

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Ni cocked an eyebrow when Kiasi had mentioned something about Abuto and Makosa but quickly changed his story to one of chasing a beetle. Ni shook his head and licked his son thrice, giving him a quick bath, knowing how bad one could get if he didn't bathe for a few days. Unknown to him this was the thing that his son was avoiding but he had no idea of that. But he chuckled anyways, "Boring stuff huh? I can't imagine that anything your family could be doing would be boring Kiasi," The golden king chuckled and eyed his fiery orange eyed son as he jumped off and started to turn the tables onto him. Why had he been out here? It wasn't like Ni as of late to find a place away from his pride, for he had always been so active in their lives. But now that he was king everything seemed to change, at least everything except for the love of his family.

Ni sighed and looked into the misty cavern where he and his son were located, "I just came here to get away for a bit, this new title of king is really starting to weigh on me," Ni paused and closed his eyes and smiled, "Some days I really just want to take a nap, and dream of the time where me and your mother could just run around without me having a title," It hit Ni that he had no queen, and his sons might wonder why he hadn't accepted their mother as his queen. For some reason it didn't feel right to Ni, to have the mother of his adopted cubs be his queen. Yes Ni was starting to develop these strange feelings for her and such, but she wasn't the mother of his actual cubs. No, there had to be another reason for this, not just because she wasn't his mate or the mother of his cubs. It then hit the golden king, it was because he didn't want Abuto to be hit with the same amount of emotional trauma that Ni had been through. If he had made her his queen, something drastic was bound to happen sometime around.

Finally the large male jumped off of the ledge where he had been resting and placed his paw on his son's, it was obvious that Ni's paw was bigger than Kiasi's, but it still contrasted the difference in colors. His son was almost a perfect mixture of his and his mother's colors, but no one decided to guess that anything else had happened. Ni had caught a break with Kiasi's eyes as his grandfather also had bright orange eyes, but everyone wondered about Makosa's. But Ni let those thoughts drift off and looked back at his son and smiled. "How about a walk my son? We can talk about whatever you like!" Ni proceeded to stand up and crack his back slightly, sighing at the feeling it had given him. He nodded to his son and started to walk through the canyon, waiting only for a moment for his son to catch up. His strides were short so Kiasi could walk hand in hand with him and he stood tall as to show that he was now the king and nobody could do anything. But before Kiasi could speak, Ni brought up a "sensitive" topic for his son, "So Kiasi, have any girls seemed to fawn over their newly crowned prince? I know that a few girls fell for your Uncle Kimondo back when he was a cub,"
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Kiasi got more than he bargained for when he was ambushed by three licks from his father and he jumped away rubbing his paws over his head, "Ugh dad!" he complained and tried to fix the rumpled hair, though it was cleaner now than it had been. He let out a soft rush of air from his mouth and sulked, his father made him feel guilty with those words but he could make it up he supposed by spending more time with his mother and brother. "Ok they weren't boring..." he admitted sulkily.

Kiasi blinked at his father when he said he had wanted to hide away, that the title of King was weighing on him heavily. He cocked his head to the side in disbelief, "But you're the best King ever, you're like...awesome!" he said shaking his head. His father in his eyes could do no wrong, Ni was everything that Kiasi wanted to be, well maybe Kiasi wanted to be a bit more fearsome but other than that Ni was the picture of what a lion should be. He was strong and kind and wise! He couldn't grasp that his father would be troubled by his title, to Kiasi no one else was better suited for the job and he'd never believe that anyone would be no matter how long he lived.

When Ni jumped down and placed his paw on his sons Kiasi only smiled at him and left them there, he liked looking at how similar their colors were. It made him think that he could be just like Ni if he wanted to, it was in his blood right? Well maybe he couldn't just BE like him but he could learn, all he had to do was stalk his father around and watch him! He nodded enthusiastically and bounded by his fathers side, anything he wanted to talk about huh? What about when did he get to start his training in fighting? Or when did he get to learn what kings did? But his thoughts were stopped short when his father asked a question that made the young cub halt and lift his head into the air with a disgusted look on his face before he stuck his tongue out quickly "Yuck Dad! Girls are gross and they're...girly! They can't play fight or anything and they're so weird" he said shaking his small head.

He thought girls were the grossest thing at the moment, though that would undoubtedly change whenever he got older. "What about you, did you have girls falling all over you or just mom?" he asked curiously and raised a brow at his father. He thought his mother was the most beautiful of all the lionesses in their pride but that didn't make him any less curious, he was sure his parents would have ended up together anyways. He wound his way energetically between his dads paws while he walked and waited for his answers, his father had said anything.
Back to top Go down
Ni

Ni

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:55 am

Ni laughed when his son had experienced a slight disgust of the girl gender, it was clear that Kiasi was going to have no crushes in the near future. Which only meant one thing, Ni and Abuto were in store for a very hormonal driven young adult in the future. Well, that was what Ni's aunt had said was going on with Kimondo when he grew up, but unfortunately for his big brother, he was never able to sire a cub. Leaving Ni as the only blood in the royal line. With Ni growing older every day, he at least had a backup plan if he couldn't bear a cub, he had Makosa and Kiasi to lean on. But that was besides the point, right now he was being asked a question by his son, did girls fall for him? How was he going to tell Kiasi about his life as a rogue, his whole back story? Shouldn't it wait for Makosa to follow alongside him as well? Ni sighed and shook his head, his eyes averted to the ground below.

"Actually, when I was a cub I didn't live here. Your great grandfather and great aunt ruled the lands when I was a cub and lets just say that your grandfather didn't get along with his dad. He had broken a rule that he had set up, your grandfather wasn't allowed to have any cubs. So when your uncle was born, your great grandfather watched over your grandfather like a vulture watches the dying antelope. But then, he broke the rule again and I was born, so me, your grandmother, and your grandfather were all exiled," Ni paused and let his heart mourn for a moment at the mention of his family and then continued, "You see Kiasi, a band of evil hyenas saw my sickly mother and father when I was a full grown cub and they killed them, leaving me alone as a rogue. So I was an outcast until I found my way back here and found your uncle who accepted me with open arms. In fact, the only female to ever see me in the way that she did was your mother, and that was only recently,"

It was a harsh life as a rogue, and Ni wished that his sons would not have to go through a similar fate. The king only hoped that his sons would stay in the Shadowlands when they grew older and knew that they would not be able to become king. But he knew that it was unlikely that this were to happen and Ni shook his mane once to rid his head of the thoughts. The male looked down to see his son weaving in and out of his paws and he made sure not to trample him as young cubs seem to have a knack of getting stepped on. It made Ni happy that he was able to spend this alone time with his son, he loved his small little family even though they weren't rightfully his. What if their mother wanted her cubs back after she realized how big of males they would become? The king knew of their mother's first litter and the boy's half siblings, how scrawny Kifu had become, how the litter was full of girls. But Ni would be ready to defend his sons if she came back, he would die before they were taken away from him. This was his only family left, and he would never let anyone else take them away. Never.

(OOC: No, Heshima isn't going to come looking for the boys ever, it's just Ni being a paranoid parent!)
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:06 pm

He saw Ni's eyes fall to the ground and sigh that came from him worried the cub who let his ears droop. He hadn't meant to make his Dad sad with the question and he tried quickly to think of something else but before he could his father was answering him anyways. Kiasi's eyes widened in surprise at how harsh his great grandfather had been and shook his head looking confused, it just didn't seem right that nobody else could have cubs. Who would the Prince and Princesses play with if they didn't have other cubs besides their siblings?

His mind couldn't really wrap around her but he knew for a fact it was wrong and frowned raising his head, even though his father hadn't been born here that didn't mean anything. He was King now wasn't he? He was about to speak up about how he was glad that his grandpa and grandma had come back to the Shadowlands but when Ni spoke of their deaths the cub paused in his walk, that was why his father was sad. He had lost his mother and father at such a young age, Kiasi couldn't imagine losing his mother and father now or ever so his heart was heavy for his father.

He bounded forward to catch up and pressed his head against his father foreleg to nuzzle it while keeping pace with him. "I'm glad that you found Uncle and Mother, I wish I could have met Uncle and Grandma and Grandpa. They all sound great, maybe not as great as you but great" he said with a warm smile at his Dad. He just wanted to see his father smile again, he felt bad for making him sad but he was glad to know a piece of his family history. It was something he hadn't ever known about his dad, he never mentioned his family much, not even his brother whom had been King before him.

He suddenly smirked and jumped batting as his fathers ear, "You're really lucky to have found Mom, I mean look at that mug" he said with a tsk and then couldn't help the laugh that came out as he waited to dodge any playful paws from his father.
Back to top Go down
Ni

Ni

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Ni smiled and placed his paw on his Kiasi's head, ruffling his growing mane tuft as his son nuzzled his leg. "Your grandparents would have loved you Kiasi, especially your grandmother. Your grandmother loved cubs and whenever we visited a pride she would always bring gifts of meat for the cubs that lived there. I wish that you could have met them my son. But, if they wouldn't of died would I ever of met your mother? That's always the question that played through my mind," Of course Kiasi and Makosa would be here, Heshima would have still been raped by that rogue Kuzimu, but would Ni have found his sons? Would Heshima had shipped them off to the Shadowlands? Would they have survived their first night alive? It was all something for Ni to think about and the thought honestly scared the king. The golden-tinted creamed lion smiled and snapped at his son playfully when he mentioned his face. He began to strut around and whacked the back of his son's head with his tail, "Now now Kiasi, your mother loves my looks, and so do many of the pride!" As Ni slipped back into his newly assumed kingly stance, he smiled and calmed his face while walking around the twists and turns of the canyon.

"You know," Ni stated, "this was where I met your mother, right in this very canyon! We ended up racing down here, and I failed miserably," A chuckle was offered as he reminisced on the days of the past, where Ni was still only a prince and his brother was king. Before he had the responsibility of children and the worries of a mate that wasn't actually his mate. Ni honestly had no idea how to respond to these situations back only a few months ago, but now he had to figure everything out quickly and calmly. He had to keep a balance in the pride and the hyena pack that remained loyal to him and the memory of his brother, Kiasi and Makosa's uncle. Ni sighed and softened his eyes at the ground in front of him, "Kiasi, do you think I'm a good king? Truthfully my son," His dull crimson eyes scanned the floor around the two family members as he waited for a response from Kiasi. Ni's thoughts drifted back to his son's birth mother and he noticed how many similarities there were between her and his boys. There was the obvious eye colors of Makosa and Heshima matching, but then there was the shades of the pelts of Kiasi. Makosa was silent yet caring, just like his mother, but those traits could also be used as Abuto's as well.

How would his sons react if he told them they weren't who they thought they were? The boys held no royal blood inside of them, and yet they were still part of the royal family. It was something that Ni felt should be rectified, but he knew that in other prides this also happened to be the case. Like Ni, Kiume of the Outlanders had also adopted a little girl. But this girl knew that she wasn't his, only a part of the royal family. It was different in every pride but with Ni's case it was special. The boys that he had adopted were only hours old, they needed a father and mother. They needed a family for themselves, for their survival. It was life correct? A thought burst through Ni's mind and he wondered if Abuto had taught their children anything about the spirits. Ni wasn't one for believing in things like the Kings of the Past or the Great Spirits, but there were somethings that stuck with a lion as they grew. "Has your mother taught you about the Kings yet Kiasi? Or what about the Circle of Life?" Ni believed fully the theory of the Circle of Life, for it was an old teaching installed upon him by his mother before her untimely death. But would Kiasi take to the same notion? Would he believe this theory that so many thought of as rubbish? Or, would he be different?
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:53 am

The cub didn't fuss with his now fuzzed up 'mane' and instead just shook his head, it was just his dad around so he didn't see the point, his mother probably would have smoothed it if she were around so he reveled in the fact that it was messy. He looked thoughtful when his father explained that Kiasi would have loved his grandparents and they him in return but their demise could have prevented the most important meeting of all, his mother and his fathers meeting. The cub cocked his head to the side taking slow steps, "I think you would have..." he said and nodded.

He didn't know how to explain it but it seemed like fate had wanted his parents together and so his belief that they would have been regardless was heartening. Kiasi giggled jumping to the side before watching his dad strut, his head dipping when it was smacked with the King's tail, "Yeah right, maybe the blind ones" he teased before bumping his head against his fathers leg again to show he was kidding. His father should have been able to see how much his son admired him, how much Kiasi wanted to be like him when he grew up. It was obvious in the way the cub looked up at him with a slightly awe filled smile while they walked and had what Kiasi felt was a very grown up talk. He even tried to mimic the King's walk and puffed his small chest out proudly, they made an impressive sight if he didn't say so himself.

His mouth however dropped open when Ni admitted to losing a race to Abuto, "You lost to mom?" he repeated though it wasn't really question. He shook his head slightly but didn't tease his father about it, his mother must be pretty fast, he didn't doubt it though with her small and light build. He wasn't really thinking about anything other than imagining his father losing to his mother by tripping or something equally funny when his father suddenly asked him an off the wall question and wanted his honesty making Kiasi pause in his thoughts. "I think you're the best King there ever was, everyone seems happy and isn't that what good Kings are supposed to do? Keep everyone happy and safe?" he asked reasonably.

He thought he father was very good at his job, he hadn't seen anyone complain and in fact everyone seemed rather happy as well as safe so what could be wrong? Sometimes he worried about his father, Ni was a good King but he could tell that his father was scared that he wasn't as great at Kiasi knew him to be, he just needed to be more confident. Like Kiasi. His father again asked him a question but this one was easy to answer and Kiasi immediately nodded, "Mother has mentioned them before, she's told us that there is a Circle of Life that all creatures live by and that there are Great Spirits and Great Kings of the Past that watch over us" he said softly. His mother had never really gone into detail but she'd given her sons a basic understanding, they were still young after all.

"Hey dad...do you think you'll be one of those Great Kings of the Past guys? I think so" he said suddenly and smiled his eyes fixed on the ground. He really believed it and he hoped one day he could say he would become one too, he had no idea that something like that would never be for him, at least not here in the Shadowlands but for now his childish dreams could take wing and give him hope and a goal.
Back to top Go down
Ni

Ni

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:10 pm

The lion's mouth dropped and his eyes widened as Kiasi teased his father about only the blind ones of the pride loved the way he looked. It then hit Ni that there were no blind lions in the pride and he pushed his son gently with his paw, not too forceful, but just enough to playfully knock him over. "Maybe you take after me, hm? That's why the girls aren't all over you! Maybe they're all over Koooosa!" Ni let out a hearty laugh as he imagined his calm and collected son having all the female cubs all over him. But once Ni thought about it, were there really any females in the Shadowlands besides Naanda and Abuto? Well there was that one adolescent, but Ukarimu seemed to be courting her. Maybe he should go on a recruiting mission to find more cubs for a brighter generation? There was also always the possibility that Ni could find a mate and bear cubs with her, but who would want an old lion like him? But then came the dilemma that if Ni mated with someone other than Abuto, everyone would become suspicious. And that was something Ni wanted desperately to avoid. Ni shook his mane as Kiasi stood in disbelief over his father's loss in a race to his mother. "In my defense Kiasi, your mother is much younger than me. That? And I tripped over a rock..." He remembered the day well, and it made his heart soar to think of his time with the loving female of Abuto.

Ni nodded when Kiasi questioned about what if his father was doing was what a good king should do, "According to your Uncle Kimondo, that is exactly what a king should do," The male cleared his throat and started to poorly mimic his older brother's voice, "A king should be punctual, proud, strong, and-" but Ni ended his mimicry there and chuckled, bringing his voice back to normal, "and some other stuff I can't remember," And when Kiasi noted that he thought his father was the best king there was, he smiled and patted his son's head once more, not saying anything more on the subject. The king nodded his head when Kiasi confirmed that Abuto had told them about the Great Kings and especially the Circle of Life and it honestly surprised him. Even though Abuto was a rogue, there wasn't much for her back in her home pride so how could she had learned those ideals? But maybe it was through her days as a rogue that she had learned about them, but Ni wasn't going to go into detail about any of the old teachings of the Pridelands or Lowlands. But then Kiasi asked Ni if he would one day be one of those great kings. Ni thought for a moment and closed his eyes, trying to remember all that he had learned about the Great Kings. It hadn't been much, but he assumed that all kings ended up as 'Great Kings' one day, unless they were a horrible ruler. Like Scar.

"Time will tell my son, I feel though as if the Great Kings choose who become them. However, it was always my belief that the kings of now one day join all the Great Kings in the end, even if they aren't granted the title of Great King. They're the duller stars in the sky, along with the Great Queens and all royal family members. You understand that son?" It was all rambled up in the king's mind anyways, so he only hoped that his son understood what the point he was trying to get across was. Ni thought to his sons, they weren't blood, they could never become king. And with this question Ni knew it would most likely lead to a comment on how much Kiasi or Kosa wanted to be king one day. So quickly, Ni changed the subject to something he had thought about earlier. "Kiasi, would you like some playmates in the Shadowlands? Cubs your age besides your brother?" Kazi was getting older, he was almost an adolescent along with his brothers, so he was most likely not playing with his two sons. "I was thinking about going on a scouting mission, seeing if there were any females or cubs without a pride out in the neutral lands, maybe you could come with me on one of these trips?" It was a risky move for Ni to go out on a trip so close to his brother's death. And his brother had died of the same thing. But, if it was playmates his son wanted, it was playmates he would get.
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:34 am

Kiasi once again made a bleh face, his tongue sticking out and one eye squinching up, "He can keep them but I still think I'm the handsome one" he said and strutted much like his father had only moments ago. Kosa could have all the girls if he wanted them, not that Kiasi thought his brother had much of a chance, he was too shy and definitely not smooth. Then again if there was a chance out there for his father then there was probably a female out there for Kosa too. He'd have to ask his violet eyed sibling if there were any girls following him around, just to see if his father was right after all.

He was frowning at the ground until his father confirmed his suspicions that he had indeed tripped and fallen over a rock, much like his son had already imagined in his head and it made the cub giggle. "Smooth one Dad" he said and kicked a rock with his foot to show how non clumsy he was in comparison, even though he had clearly not been running and watching where he stepped. He had never thought of his father as old though, he didn't appear aged, or at least he didn't appear to be the kind of old that Kiasi imagined. Old meant, skinny and wrinkly didn't it?

Kiasi smiled proudly that he had known what a good King was supposed to be like without being told, it only showed his parents were perfect, good teachers and kind rulers. Kiasi laughed again and butted his head against his fathers leg, "That's ok, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you forgot some of it as long as you're a good King anyways" he said with certainty and kept his pace even with his fathers. He took the pat to his head with a grin and puffed out his chest proudly again, his father was proud of him, or at least happy with him and that was enough to make the cub content.

Kiasi listened intently as his father explained that he assumed all King's made it up into the stars. His father asked for his understanding and the cub nodded, "I understand father, but you know what, I think you'll be one of the bright ones" and one day he would be too if he had his way. The sudden change of tact made the cub pause but he shrugged, "I guess that would be cool, it would be fun to have more cubs to play with that are my age. Not that I don't have fun with Kosa" he added at the end hastily and darted his eyes to his father and then away. At his fathers offer he felt his pride swell again and he nodded with enthusiasm, "Yes! I mean, yeah I could do that. I'd be a good ambassador" he said barely containing his excitement even though he was attempting to sound more grown up.

He would love to see their Pride grow, not just for the playmates he could gain either but so that their family could expand. Everyone in the Pride was their family.
Back to top Go down
Ni

Ni

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Ni laughed a hearty laugh when he saw his son strut about and he playfully pushed him with his paw, "Of course you are Kiasi, of course you are," And the playfulness of the new king continued when Kiasi started to show him how careful and non-clumsy he was. Ni's eyes narrowed and a strange look appeared on his face, as if he had been defeated by some great enemy, "Oh no! My son has not inherited my clumsiness! What ever shall I do?!" The lion stuck his paw out just as his son was going to walk over it, aiming to make him trip over the larger item. If Kiasi did trip, Ni would quickly help him back up and nuzzle his head, but if he didn't Ni didn't know what he would do. Crocodile tears maybe? No, he was a king now, not some cub that was running around the savannah struggling to live. Ni rounded the corner with his son, the end of the canyon in sight but still in the distance. He thought about how he commented on his age, and how he claimed himself to be old. But in reality, Ni was probably one of the best lions of his age, he was strong enough to overpower many of the lions older or younger than him, and right now was his prime. Old and wrinkly is something that Ni wouldn't have to deal with for a few more years but, "Maybe you and your brother are keeping me young. Or, you're aging me super fast, hm, I wonder which one it is," The king chuckled and bumped his son to show him that he was joking.

"Yeah, to be honest I don't even think your Uncle remembered all of the stuff that he said needed to be done to be a king. Actually I might remember more than him!" Ni chuckled and thought back to his brother, how he had been so strong, so mighty in ruling this kingdom. And now everything was shoved onto Ni. But Ni liked having responsibility, it kept him busy from a wandering mind. That and fathering two cubs seemed to do that as well. Ni listened as Kiasi talked about the Great Kings and their stars, saying that his father would be one of the bright ones. "I hope so my son, I really do hope so," The king often wondered which star was his brothers -of course he didn't really believe in the kings- or any of his family. If the kings really did exist, then why didn't they help out the Pridelanders? Wasn't that their job, to even in death help out their former lands? Ni really didn't know, all he knew about the Pridelanders were that his cubs were born there and they had a tyrant named Scar ruling the lands. When Kiasi talked about not having enough fun with Kosa, and that he proclaimed that he would be an excellent ambassador, the wheels in Ni's head started to turn. Kiasi couldn't be a king by birth, he would have to overthrow his father, something that was highly unlikely. So he needed a job when he was older, maybe he would be a good ambassador for the Shadowlands and his new brother or sister who ruled.

"I know what it's like to be lonely Kiasi, and even though you have Kosa there should be more cubs. Remember, I grew up on my own, no one wanted their cubs to play with me because I was a rogue. I would love to see the looks on their faces when they see that I'm now king," But Ni was getting off topic and the exit to the canyon was upon the duo. Ni patted his son's head and growing mane tuft once more and smiled proudly, "You are going to make an excellent ambassador Kiasi, I know that for a fact. Now, run along and go say hi to your mother for me. Don't be escaping anymore baths now my son," Ni winked and chuckled, sitting down and pulling his son into a hug. He bent his head down and nuzzled his son, a soft purr ringing through his body, "Go off and have fun, I'll be sure to tell you when we leave to go find these cubs," The male pressed his muzzle to his son's forehead before smiling again, "Love you son," And with that, Ni pushed his son onto all fours and bumped him along with his head. Kiasi was growing up fast, it all seemed like a blur to Ni, and soon enough he would be faced with two growing teens, and one small little issue that would destroy his happiness. But for now, the new king padded off and smiled. For now, Ni was happy, and there was nothing in the world that day that could change it.
Back to top Go down
Kiasi

Kiasi

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 3:09 pm

Kiasi laughed at his fathers expression and then raised his head, tossing it from side to side to move his tuft like a mane. He was as graceful as his...suddenly a foot came out in front of him and he tumbled head over heels with a shocked expression before shooting his father a playful glare. The lion helped him to his feet and nuzzled his head making him nuzzle back with a smile on his face, he'd get the old man back later somehow. His fathers jab about Kiasi and his brother keeping him young or aging him quickly wasn't mistaken as serious and Kiasi let out a huff of disbelieving air. "Hey don't blame it on us old man" he said and laughed again bumping his father back but of course his wouldn't feel like more than a brush.

Ni didn't seem convinced that he would be one of the bright stars but his son was, just as he was convinced that he himself or even Makosa could be one if they chose to. He kept quiet on the matter though and both lapsed into somber and thoughtful silence, Kiasi often wondered about his future, Ni always seemed so worried and stressed but when Kiasi brought it up the King was quick to dodge around questions about his sons being King. The cub of course just chalked it up to nerves and Ni being overprotective about them being submerged into responsibility so fast, it however didn't give him comfort to think he wouldn't be prepared when the time came. Maybe when he was older his father would finally start teaching him, he could only hope, maybe he could ask mother about it.

Kiasi looked dumbfounded and then outraged that his father had been an outcast because he had been a rogue. It was atrocious to the cub since his father hadn't done anything wrong, the exile had been an unfair one and it hadn't been Ni's fault. He shook his head, "They should be ashamed of themselves" he said simply but let his father continue on since he assumed there was a further point to be made. The pair had finally made it to the end of the canyon and Ni patted his head affectionately displacing his already messy tuft of fur. Kiasi beamed at his fathers faith in him and when pulled into the hug nuzzled his head into his father chest fur, "Yes father" he said with only a soft note of anarchy in his tone, he hated baths.

The press of muzzle to his forehead made him purr back and close his eyes until his father moved his head back and pushed him onto all fours to nudge him in the right direction. "Love you too Dad!" he called back and gave his father a grin before padding off at an excited run to find his mother and Makosa, he just had to tell them about the important job Ni had given him. An ambassador, it sounded awfully important and if he could bring more cubs to the pride then he'd feel awfully accomplished and he knew Ni would be proud of him and so would Abuto. He couldn't be happier and he ran a little faster with the thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Steps as King   First Steps as King Empty

Back to top Go down

First Steps as King
Page 1 of 1