HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Someone's Watching Over Me EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Someone's Watching Over Me EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Someone's Watching Over Me EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Someone's Watching Over Me

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Imani

Imani

Pride Points : 443788

Someone's Watching Over Me Empty
PostSubject: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:15 pm

The rogue was well aware she was pushing the limits of her freedom by wandering this Valley, while it was still neutral it was possible the new King would still punish one such as herself for being there. Regardless she had no choice but to chase her prey into it and once she'd made the kill and eaten she had found herself not willing to leave so quickly. The sun warmed her pelt and her belly was full enough to make her want to close her eyes and simply relax, which is what she had found herself doing.

Her tail coiled and uncoiled languidly while the rest of her laid out flat in the patch of sun on a slightly raised rock. Her blue eyes were closed and her ears were slicked back, she looked completely at ease, perhaps a foolish stance to take but she had faith that this place was protected. Protected by Mufasa's departed spirit. Why else would the sun still shine so brightly here and why would there be even a trace of food for such a lonely rogue? She took it all on faith a smile twisted her dark chocolate muzzle, one of her marking features.

She didn't expect any trouble but she knew that she would likely hear anyone that approached, hyena's weren't know for being subtle and she trusted her training to be able to hear another lion. A sudden yawn wracked her body and she yawned, a soft roar like noise coming from her maw, though not loud in the least. She didn't need to advertise her presence, even if part of her wanted to, she knew it wasn't a smart move. Her family wouldn't likely be the ones to find her if they still lived in the Pridelands, with a mother like theirs it was likely her siblings had left much like her. Or...not survived.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

Pride Points : 442171

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Taking some time away from the inner court that was held sway by Scar and his allies, Abasi sought out his usual spot in the Valley. He often came here as a cub and the dark lion recalled now and again when he met wandering rouges. Some of those first encounters had proven valuable as he grew older. Particularly when crossing into a different pride's territory. Abasi was sometimes vouched for and then permitted to stay as long as he pleased in that land. Though it wasn't always so easy-going. There had been times he was forced away, despite the good intention.

Feeling the hot sun beat down on his pelt was probably the only thing that felt nice this morning. He we was weary of listening to the hyenas. How he despised them. A welcome breeze glided through, ruffling his mane and fur as he took a moment to smell the air. Abasi's moment of tranquility was gone in a second. There was a new scent, accompanied by an unmistakable yawn. An unknown lioness nearby. Cautious and naturally curious as all felines, the male followed his nose to where the newcomer would be. Slowly moving through what grasses remained, his ember-green eyes soon spotted the female, lazing and sunning herself on a jutted outcropping.

Evidently, she had just eaten. Still, Abasi was uncertain with rouges these days. They were either here for Scar or some other unpleasant business. Deciding to sit down, his tail twitched in silent contemplation for a moment. Yet he chose to speak up nonetheless. "A good kill is hard to come by these days," commented Abasi somewhat casually, his tone remained civil. "You're quite lucky to have found something here at all in the Pridelands."
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/SongofNewHope
Imani

Imani

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Despite thinking herself completely prepared to hear another lion she had, unintentionally, started to doze on and off. Perhaps that's why she didn't hear the coal black lion simply walking up on her, when his voiced rumbled out however she had her eyes open quickly but she made no sudden moves. The last thing she wanted was to show weakness or hostility, so she did the next best thing and that was yawn again before smiling gently and rolling to her stomach so she could look over at him properly rather than sideways.

His pelt was curious, a dark inky black, something she hadn't seen before but an oddity she could appreciate. The male was at least sitting, a less threatening pose than if her were standing so she took it at face value and shrugged her dune colored shoulders. "Sometimes the kings of the past are watching us more than we think, I would have never caught it had it not made it to this place and tripped over a conveniently loose scatter of rocks" she said with a coy grin. It was true what she said, one of her reasons to believe that Mufasa was indeed still watching over his pride, even if they weren't part of his pride anymore.

She moved to sit on her haunches instead and gave him a curious look, "Am I safe to assume that I'm not trespassing or am I fortunate enough to have come upon a kind Pridelander?" she asked raising a brow at him. It was a veiled question, she was curious to know if he was indeed part of the pride she was currently close to or if he was just another rogue wandering the Savannah on his own. She had met many rogues that traveled these grasslands but she wasn't confident enough that she had met them all.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Abasi raised an eyebrow at her response. Kings of the Past still watching them? Right. If they were, none of this tragedy would have happened in the first place. He never had put much faith in them like most. Receiving an inquiry as to himself, Abasi seemed to shrug. "Pridelander, but I've recently returned home. ... Can't say things look good. Personally, I'd say you're not trespassing, this is neutral territory. Any further, well, you might be." Abasi wasn't going to tip-toe around that or pretend otherwise. Heaving a sigh, he then said, "I obviously don't know who you are but I'm not going to tell anyone here I saw you. If you're looking to pass through without trouble, who am I to stop you?"

After a moment, he then courteously introduced himself. "My name is Abasi. Might I at least ask your name?" Even remaining civil as the two big cats were finding out each others reasons or motives, Abasi still naturally remained guarded but blunt.
Back to top Go down
Imani

Imani

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:47 pm

He seemed skeptical as to her convictions but she was used to receiving that response, things didn't look good these days. It seemed a cruel test on their faith to her, but to others no doubt it seemed like abandonment. She had to look intrigued at his own admittance and she nodded to show she was listening and taking note, she wondered why she didn't remember this particular lion from her own childhood in the Pridelands. Perhaps he was older than she was, that could explain it, her mother hadn't let her play with lions that wouldn't bolster her own standing in the pride after all.

"I assure you I won't be going anywhere near the pride, and I intend no trouble" she assured him and looked towards the distance and Pride Rock. No, despite wanting to she knew better than to go anywhere near her homeland again unless she wanted to risk her freedom or her life for that matter. His introduction made her feel rude as she hadn't given him her name, but it had been a precaution and she decided that if he was willing to give her his name he must not mean her any harm. At least not at the moment, unless he was the twisted sort of lion, though she doubted this. He seemed little more than resigned to do the best with what he was given and not give out trouble along the way.

"You most certainly may Abasi, my name is Imani and it is a pleasure to meet you. I find it interesting that we don't know each other...I used to live here myself, though I left around two years ago to escape a wicked lioness I loosely refer to as mother. I usually avoid this area as a precaution to being seen by her but maybe fate drew me here to serve to alleviate some boredom for the both of us" she offered and tilted her head sideways to study his coat again. Something like that should have stood out in her memory, perhaps she was getting forgetful in her advancing years, even if four was quite young for a lioness these days.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Imani... the name seemed vaguely familiar to him now that he took a brief moment to study the lioness. She bored a scar similar to his own but it wasn't that that was buried deep in his memory. It was mention of her mother. Abasi did recall a lioness of such demeanor. Finding she used to belong here, Abasi relaxed, if a little. He was always so closed off around everyone. "I often stayed away from everyone in the pride here. Though I would occasionally be in some cubs' company. I left when I was but a teenager. We probably never met all this time due to... the lioness who merely birthed you."

He frowned a little at Imani's last statement. "Not at all certain I believe in that. Yet boredom is not at all what I'd say I have. If you're planning to live another day... what brings you back to the Pridelands, Imani?" It was curious really. Imani's mother was just like any other crazed lioness loyal to Scar. Vying so desperately for his approval with anything. "You don't think your family will find you here?" asked Abasi with a hint of concern. Abasi may have trust issues but he was still wanting to help anyone left that could be out of Scar's reach in his pride.
Back to top Go down
Imani

Imani

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:44 pm

She didn't find that hard to believe at all, her mother wouldn't have allowed her to be near a male that wasn't of some use to her and especially one who wasn't known throughout the pride. "I don't doubt that then" she agreed with a dip of her head. He seemed pleasant enough and she felt robbed of yet another friend she could have had as a cub, it seemed she had been kept from everyone but her siblings and Simba, even losing Simba when her mother deemed him a lost cause.

She chuckled, "Well then I stand corrected in my beliefs" she said and let her head tilt to the side with a smile upon her muzzle. His questions however halted her and she contemplated them silently, her expression thoughtful as well before she decided to answer carefully. "I do enjoy living, but sometimes one finds themselves drawn to the things they long for the most. For me I could say that I miss my siblings and the closeness of other lions, though I feel no love for Scar or what his reign has done to my old home" she said and her tone darkened just a little.

When he asked about her family she shook her head, "I have wandered the borders for years looking for them but they have yet to appear, I fear the worst has happened to them. That they are dead or my mother has them under her tyrannical paw still, or maybe worse yet she's given poor Kata to Scar and he's exiled my brothers" she said quite sadly. It was the one thing her cheery demeanor failed on, the fates of her siblings troubled her and she found blind faith was hard to trust with their fates.

Last edited by Imani on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 pm

The large lion finally got up from his sitting position and paced around some in thought while he listened to Imani's situation. The hyenas never wanted to mess with him due to his size and strength and lately he was relying on his reclusive nature to get by at Pride Rock. Imani wanted to learn the fate of her siblings and he was in close proximity to get any news. Perhaps he could help her out and not be suspected. Finally looking back at Imani he suggested an idea. "We both desire change for our home... Simba is dead by all accounts. No one is able to go against Scar. Not yet." His revolutionary notions were flaring up once more.

"You wish to learn your siblings' fates, perhaps I may be able to help out. There are quite a few new, at least to me, lionesses I have yet to meet. To be honest, I've only been back for three weeks. For all I know, one of these could be Kata." Whether she was given to Scar or not, Abasi could find out without having Imani get directly involved. "We don't need to lose any more former Pridelanders to this king."
Back to top Go down
Imani

Imani

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:20 pm

She watched the male pace warily but he seemed to be more in thought than anything so she made no move to rise or tense her muscles. She nodded when he started to speak, she knew otherwise when it came to Simba but she knew better than to tell anyone this right now. Simba had made it clear that he wasn't ready nor willing to let his presence be known and as much as she would have liked to give them hope she was willing to wait on the red maned lion. "To go against Scar would mean death for anyone right now, his hyena's are too strong for a weakened pride" she tossed out.

Sudden excitement made her stand quickly and her features seemed to light up, she couldn't believe that he would do that for her. "You would do that for a stranger?" she asked slightly skeptical when she managed to control her raging emotions. She sat down but her tail twitched behind her in barely contained excitement and she looked towards Pride Rock again, she wanted to trust him if only because she wanted nothing more than to know her siblings were ok. Perhaps to even invite them away from their old home, they would prove a strong band of rogues if they were to unite but it was likely that they would never leave.

She nodded to his admission that they need not lose any more Pridelanders to their King, he was right of course. It would be selfish for her to ask them to leave their home, both because it would upset them and make the Pridelanders three lions weaker. "If you dare to look for them, I have my sister Kata, she's the most lovely shade of caramel with the prettiest powder blue eyes. I also have two brothers, Chafu and Tope but I fear Scar would have exiled Chafu at the very least. He's not...as timid as Tope" she said and shifted. Chafu was opinionated and rebellious, full of life, while Tope was malleable, scared and soft, something her mother had loved because he had been easy to push around and manipulate.

"I wouldn't want you to get in trouble on my account though...if it's too much trouble you need not strain yourself. If you had family I would feel bad for them to lose you, you seem...very kind, a rarity" she hurt saying it but she wasn't going to get a stranger hurt to put her mind at ease.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:03 pm

Seeing the lioness light up at his idea, Abasi let out a rare smile. He then gave a nod of affirmation. "Yes I would. Anything to help my pridemates." Abasi smirked some next and said, "I can handle myself very well. I will search for your siblings tonight, if you can manage to remain out of sight I will come to you with what news I have. Or better, any siblings that wish to see you." Abasi was not afraid of Scar, he could take him easily in a fight, and he knew Scar was aware of that. But Abasi was smart enough not to act rashly either. There were many hyenas and so few lions. Instigating a fight without other males as backup or even a bigger pride would be foolish.

Abasi glanced down at the ground briefly before they flicked off to the empty space of the land. "I have no family. Not really." There was Fumbe of course but the younger lion had disappeared for a little while. Abasi had not seen him for a few days. Shaking his head from these thoughts, he looked back at Imani. "Do you have a message for your siblings, should I come across them?"
Back to top Go down
Imani

Imani

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Imani ducked her head in thanks and to also hide the smile on her muzzle, this male was different than what she was used to. Then again she wasn't around a lot of males out on her own, and the ones she saw besides Simba and Mahir she tended to avoid. She looked over his large bulk and didn't doubt that he could take care of himself, he was quite large, even larger than King Mufasa had been and it was slightly daunting. No doubt it made Scar quiver in his pelt to be alone with this particular male, the mere thought made her smirk to herself and her tail sweet behind her in satisfaction.

"I think I can hide myself pretty well, my pelt might seem like it would stand out but I've practiced hiding quite often in my wandering life. I know some rocks that'll hide me well if I slip between them, spotting you will likely be the hardest part" she said with a throaty chuckle. She flinched internally when he admitted to not having any family of his own, perhaps she should have been more tactful with her questions, she forgot sometimes that others were not so fortunate as herself. Not everyone's family had survived such trying times, and not all families had managed to stay together, not that she was able to say that about hers either.

She looked thoughtful and then smiled softly, "Tell them...that I miss them very much and that I hope they are well, make sure you tell them I'm fine of they'll worry" she said simply. She missed them more than words could express and knew they would worry about her more than they worried for themselves, though she almost thought she had it better than they. She stood thinking to say more but spotted something in the distance that made her mouth run dry, "I don't think we're quite alone Abasi...poachers...we could always chase them" she breathed the words and was already crouching down as low as she could with a smirk on her maw.

Scar wouldn't likely recognize her from a description and neither would his hyena's so she felt no harm in having fun with the dogs. So long as she didn't get Abasi in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 pm

"Ah, yes, finding me will difficult when night falls. Unfortunately I share the same eyes as our king, so I do hope not to frighten you too much."He could blend in perfectly in the shadows and blackness unlike Scar. The only thing to differentiate would be their voices or perhaps a glimmer of size. He recalled one hyena running for the hills when he mistook him one evening for Scar. It was nothing serious of course, the mangy animal had been mumbling to himself about food and then proceeded to complain to Abasi until he realized his mistake. Abasi nodded and kept Imani's words in mind for when he found them.

"I'll certainly tell them." His large ears heard rustling some distance away when he turned his head as Imani suggested they could chase them. ... Well... it would be quite amusing for the day. Abasi glanced down at the lioness, then to the nuisance. "Why not?" he said more himself, stalking more toward the rocks to hide himself easier. The one disadvantage of living in the Pridelands, Abasi was quite easy to spot anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Imani

Imani

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:20 pm

She grinned when he agreed, chasing them wouldn't do any harm, she doubted even if they killed them that they would actually make a blip on Scar's radar. She'd rather avoid blood on her claws at the current moment, chasing them would suffice as they would likely run scared from a pair of lions that Scar held no sway over. Well...she wasn't so sure about Abasi, she would have to scare them on her own if he would rather keep himself hidden.

He moved towards the rocks and she pounced off of them to head towards the hyena's before crouching low in the grass. She shifted her shoulders from side to side before winking at Abasi and going completely still, she was waiting until she could hear their obnoxious voices, there were three of them as seemed usual on their patrols and she gauged she could handle them. When she could hear them as though they were right next to her she sprang up with a fearsome roar, her claws out.

She snarled and the trio shrieked and knocked heads with each other before turning tail and squealing. It would teach them a lesson to think they could leave the Pridelands without getting attacked, Scar held no sway in the rest of the Savannah and for some reason she felt like she needed to impress that to these mangy dogs. Her claws lashed out at the hindquarters of the closest one and she smirked brightly.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Abasi was about to join in the bit of fun when it seemed Imani did it all anyway. He shrugged to himself in some amusement and watched as the hyenas ran off. Though that didn't mean he completely lost out. The one that trailed behind the others was in his reach. Abasi suppressed a grin and let out a snarl, swiping his own unsheathed claws at it. His paw smacked into its hindquarters, causing the hyena to yelp and run faster than its companions. Removing himself from his hiding spot, Abasi took a moment to stretch his limbs. Sighing a little, he then approached Imani. "I better look for them among the pride about now. I can't say if I'll find them right away but it's worth a try. I'll return in the evening."

Abasi knew he was suspicious to Scar and anyone loyal to him so he didn't want to be gone too long.
Back to top Go down
Imani

Imani

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Imani felt awful that she'd taken all of the fun from him but he did manage to get in a swipe and she snorted when the Hyena squealed. Likely it thought a ghost had come out and attacked it since the large lion had been hidden and it high tailed it far ahead of its pack mates. She made her way over to where Abasi hid just as he slid from the rocks to come to her and she halted quickly, he seemed rather saddened if his sigh was anything to go by.

She ducked her head low in gratitude before lifting it again, [color=steelblue]"Even if you don't at least you tried and that is the most I could ask of anyone, you have done me a great favor by trying to put my mind at ease. She nodded when he said he should leave and she stared at the ground for a moment before speaking up, "Abasi I...I thank you. If there is anything I can ever do to repay you do not hesitate to ask. You are a kind lion and I couldn't have asked for a more fortunate meeting" her faith in this valley was stronger than ever now and she retreated to the rocks he had just left.

She slid her lean body into the crevice that created a small area that a lion could sit in and even curl up in if they were small enough. She turned in circles before laying down and poking her head out briefly by craning her neck, "Be careful Abasi, I will be waiting" she said with a smile before pulling her head back in and laying it on her paws. She could barely contain her excitement but she knew how to keep herself calm and she could be patient. Her eyes closed and she silently thanked all of the kings of the past for rewarding her for her faith, she would finally be able to know something about her family.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Abasi gave a nod of acknowledgement to Imani before turning away from the Valley, heading back into the desolation he so despised. He hoped this would work without trouble, but one could never be certain. Scar was a moody and paranoid ruler. Not to mention his hyena horde was just nearly everywhere. There was very little room for privacy amongst each other these days. Everyone was in each others business half the time. The pride was split in loyalties. A complete disaster. Moving further away from the peaceful valley as he treaded upon barren and dry ground. They were lucky a fire hadn't started yet. Then what? Abasi snorted to himself in thought. Scar would possibly run off like the coward he was. Sarabi would lead the rest of the pride out to safety.

Reaching further toward the base of Pride Rock, Abasi knew he needed to find Imani's siblings soon. For now though, he'd play it off as he usually did. He was on his own doing his own thing. Sighing some, he flopped down under a jutted rock for some shade to cool down. Idly and lazily looking out at the others, Abasi was curious as to why no one mentioned Imani before. Though for all he knew, they probably had and Abasi just didn't pay attention. Now he needed to wait when it got darker to start his search. Abasi didn't know how it would turn out but the less problematic the better.
Back to top Go down
Kata

Kata

Pride Points : 442135

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:40 pm

The caramel pelted lioness sat with a faraway expression on her face at the mouth of the den where she was cub sitting. She was supposed to be relieved soon but she couldn't really imagine what she would do after leaving the cubs for the day, she usually kept to herself mostly if she couldn't help anyone out or hung out with her siblings. Nuru was likely wandering around somewhere, getting into trouble or doing something daring, and Tope was who knew where. She sighed softly but perked up when she saw a lioness heading her way, the dune pelted female looked less than happy and she didn't even greet the caramel colored female.

Kata's ears fell flat and her face took on one of submission when she was given a glare rather than a greeting. She could imagine why, most of the females hated the cubs or were in a bad mood usually, she however was a perky spot among them all and some resented it. "Uh...have a good night!" she called out timidly and fled from the black look she got in return, her tailed brushing the ground between her legs until she was out of sight of the mouth of the den. When she was sure she couldn't be seen she loosened up and bounced her way down the rocks until she hit the firm grasslands and started her trot towards her usual destination, the waterhole.

She hadn't been allowed away from the mischievous cubs all day and her thirst was punishing her. She happened to glance towards the base of where she had just left when she noticed a large black male, if she wasn't mistaken his name was Abasi, she knew of him but she was sure they had never spoken words to each other. Scar got antsy when the females talked to the males in a more than just business manner so it wasn't often you'd see the lionesses mingling with the males still left in the pride. She herself was surprised any still remained, even the timid ones like Tope could be a threat if they got it in their head. She flashed him a smile but it didn't last long as her lean body collided with a solid one of an older lioness.

The lioness snarled at her, "Kata! Watch where you're going!" the female snapped before shaking herself and trotting on leaving the caramel female embarrassed and mumbling in the dirt. She had never been the smoothest creature alive but to fall and in front of a male was just horrifying and she just lay there afraid to look up to see him laughing or giving her a pitying look. Her mother always said that she had so much potential in the looks department, not as much as Nuru but enough, but she lacked the grace to ever be any use to a male. It was degrading.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:17 pm

A commotion reached his ears after he woke from a nap an hour earlier. The sun was just barely visible anymore and he turned to see a lioness on the ground, if he heard the other lioness correctly, this must be Kata. He neither laughed, nor showed pity. Abasi was an unreadable lion, unless he was friendly with you. Coming closer, he looked down at Kata and tilted his head. "Are you all right?" Now he needed to figure out how to mention her sister and persuade her for a visit. First though, he'd have a small chat with Kata and see how things progressed from there. "These females get more cranky by the day. Must be the lack of food." Abasi then realized, having lived here most of his life, none of the females seemed to have gotten his interest. Must be something wrong with him.

"If you don't mind my asking... why do you stay here?" He was genuinely curious and Abasi could never figure out why some of the younger lionesses remained when Scar had no real use for them. "You do realize, leaving, might be the best thing for you?" Though, he didn't really know Kata's story. However the black pelted lion had a small hope that someone would leave of their own free will, not be afraid to change their life.
Back to top Go down
Kata

Kata

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:07 am

She heard the male approaching and she winced, her ears flattening until his shadow shaded her head relieving some of the heat from her pelt. She fixed a sheepish smile on her face and looked up with a nervous laugh when a deep voice rang out above her asking if she was ok. "I...uh...yeah I'm fine, just a little spill" she said softly and forced herself to her feet quickly, shaking to knock some of the dust from her coat.

She grimace, he was more than right about the females but she understood why most of them were in foul moods. She just couldn't understand why they couldn't pull together from it instead of forcing each other away and being generally short with everyone. "I can cut them some slack it's not always nice around here, I guess they just get frustrated" she said and shrugged, swaying a little before sitting hard on her bottom and smiling brightly at the large dark male. He was handsome to be honest but she didn't delusion herself into thinking she could snag such a looker so she left off any embarrassing charm she could have added.

His questioning changed abruptly and she looked surprised and then looked around quickly to see if anyone was near them. His question was bold and dangerous, if anyone would have heard him...well it could have been an ugly day for the both of them. "This is my home...this has always been my home..."she started but his second statement wasn't entirely untrue, still she shook her head quickly and her ears pressed back against her skull again. "I couldn't leave, I'm not brave enough...mother would come after me or she'd take it out on Tope, Chafu and Nuru...I couldn't live with that" she mumbled the last part in shame and dropped her head again.

She was afraid. Afraid to leave the place she'd always known to be home but also there was a tiny bit of hope in her heart, Imani had left her with that. Her sister had assured her that one day their suffering would end, that things would get better if they only believed that they would and did their best to make things brighter one day at a time. She would have felt silly admitting all of that to a completely stranger so she scratched a claw through the dirt instead of looking up at him, "Besides...things will get better...the Great Kings wouldn't completely abandon us. I have faith" she said softly and finally let her powder blue eyes rise to the males bright green ones.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:15 am

Abasi frowned after hearing Kata's statements, more to himself than at her. Was he the only one who didn't believe in them? Deciding to sit down as Kata did, he was silent in thought. Kata was much too afraid to leave the Pridelands, concerned for her siblings. To a small degree he could understand it but not fully. Abasi never had siblings. Sighing a little he spoke up again. "Of course, you do what you feel is right. Listen, I'm no good at lengthening my real reason for seeing you, especially when it concerns family." That was one thing he couldn't beat around the bush with. Family was important. At least, he thought it was. However Abasi only really knew his father. Yet that was enough.

Gazing seriously at Kata, there was the tiniest allowance of a smile on his dark muzzle. "When was the last time you spoke with Imani? I'm fairly certain you miss your sister." Kata and her other siblings deserved to see Imani, if anything, it just might lessen their fears and concerns. While Abasi had unspoken plans of his own, he could still help out pride members here and there. Allow them to have see some light in this suffocating darkness.
Back to top Go down
Kata

Kata

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:42 am

She saw the frown on his face but she understood, most people had very little faith in the Great Kings anymore or the Circle Of Life. She and her sister had often discussed how their hope had waned with the longer that Scar's reign went on but at the same time they had also discussed how many blessings were still among them. They had each other, they even had new life every once in a while even if they came from the dark King himself. They gave each other hope, Tope was skeptical of course while Chafu only scoffed and said things would get better because they had to and one day he might even be king himself. Just musings of cubs but it had kept them happy.

She looked confused at his statement and cocked her head to the side curiously, what could he possibly mean by that? "I don't understand..." she said softly and peeked around again but he boldly made his statement with no qualms it seemed. She looked alarmed when he mentioned Imani and hushed him swiftly before glancing around and scooting closer to him, "I haven't seen Imani since she left the Pridelands...it's been so long. Do you know where she is?" it was the closest she had ever gotten to bold and she fixed her cornflower blue eyes on him seriously. If he could get her in contact with her sister, just to know she was ok, he was more than valuable to her.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:25 pm

He lowered his voice for only her ears and nodded to her question. "Indeed I do, if, you are willing to follow me. I can take you to her. Imani is waiting to see you and perhaps Tope, if he is here. She told me tell you she is fine and that she misses you all. However, I believe it's best if you hear her yourself." Abasi knew where to go to keep them out of sight, or at least Kata. Abasi blended in a little too well when it was nighttime. The choice was now left to Kata. Whether she trusted him enough to follow or remain behind and pass on any messages. Personally, he was hoping the lioness would come along and there would be a reunion. Something he'd never have. It was the least he could do. No one else was.

Abasi remained silent, giving Kata time to decide. Imani was undoubtedly anxiously awaiting for him to return with her siblings. Of course, he wasn't sure if Kata would change her mind and flee with Imani. He thought it was better for her. Anything was at this point, than remaining in the Pridelands and starving to death.
Back to top Go down
Kata

Kata

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:10 am

She couldn't believe that he knew where Imani was and most of all that he was willing to take her to her sister. "I well...yes I want to see her of course I'll follow you! Um, Tope probably shouldn't be brought along right now, he's kind of timid and he might be too scared. I'm sure he'll be happy that one of us saw her" she assured him and stood eager to find out where her sibling was and how she had been all these years.

She took a few steps forward unsure where her sibling would be but ready to move along. She took a step closer to Abasi and his bulk to give her some cover, "We'll have to be careful, Scar doesn't really get suspicious about males and females walking around together anymore but you never know" she said lowly. Her ears flicked back as nerves twisted her stomach, she didn't know what to expect when she saw her sister but she doubted Imani would have changed all that much. Imani had always been very strong in her beliefs and it was doubtful leaving the Pride would change her that much.
Back to top Go down
Abasi

Abasi

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:19 am

Abasi silently and cautiously led Kata out, though there were a few times they needed keep out of sight. Hyenas still stalked about but it didn't last very long thanks to his pelt. While the walk was in silence, many thoughts swirled in the dark lion's mind. While he did good for the pride, he wondered if leaving was best. Yes, he could gather allies and find out who was on what side. Still there was also something else, Abasi never formed attachments to anyone. Always keeping to himself and never feeling he could fully trust anyone. So why stay? Fumbe was missing long enough and he practically was only friend he had. Where was his friend? Was he alive?

Deciding to put these unsettling musings to rest, he weaved their way back to the area where Imani told him she would be waiting. Glancing about, he didn't think anyone was following them. So he moved back some to allow the sisters their reunion. Abasi was likely to never know what that would be like, what with his father gone and Fumbe never showing. Perhaps once his "work" was done, he would then focus on returning home. He needed to take his own kingdom back, it was far too long without the real heir.
Back to top Go down
Kata

Kata

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:17 am

Kata followed Abasi with apprehension in her mind but excitement in her heart, she would see Imani again. She had missed her sister so badly when they had been separated, though she didn't blame her tan sister for leaving as she had, if Kata were stronger she would have left herself. It was fear that kept her in place, Scar wouldn't stand for someone leaving, and she couldn't bear to face her mother if she were caught, not to mention leave her brothers to this wretched fate or her sister. When they neared the valley of peace Kata's ears perked up and her eyes searched the grasses, of course she should have known here would be where Imani would come. She had almost forgotten it existed.

Abasi moved his large dark body and the lioness saw a tan head lift from between a pair of rocks with a smile on its muzzle, the gentle one the caramel lioness knew so well. Kata was ecstatic and she sprinted full on at the figure as it climbed from the rocks before tumbling into her sister and the two rolled in a playful bundle before Imani retracted herself and looked down at her sister fondly. The two nuzzled and Kata felt tears prick her eyes, she could see them in Imani's blue eyes and the two sisters wept in joy at their reunion. Imani took the time to look to Abasi and thank him softly and Kata did the same though hers was more emphatic.

The two had quite a bit of catching up to do and when Imani stated so Kata turned to the dark lion and let her sister walk off a little farther towards the borders of the savannah. She padded over to the male and shyly bumped her head against his nose, "Thank you, to see my sister...I...it's...well I'm really happy. She wants to catch up...will you be ok getting back on your own? I can sneak back in I'm sure" she said softly and glanced over her shoulder at her sister who gave her an encouraging smile. Kata turned back with renewed glitter in her eyes and waited for the dark lions confirmation before she would follow her sister.

Their talk was sure to be eventful but she didn't care as long as they were together again for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone's Watching Over Me   Someone's Watching Over Me Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone's Watching Over Me
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TLK: Dark Horizon :: Everything The Light Touches :: Pridelands :: Valley of Peace-
Jump to: