HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
I'm Losing Faith EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
I'm Losing Faith EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
I'm Losing Faith EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
I'm Losing Faith EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
I'm Losing Faith EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
I'm Losing Faith EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
I'm Losing Faith EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
I'm Losing Faith EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
I'm Losing Faith EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

I'm Losing Faith

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Imani

Imani

Pride Points : 442688

I'm Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: I'm Losing Faith   I'm Losing Faith EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Sandy paws gently climbed the stairs towards the sandy dais, she hadn't been here in a while but today she felt the need. Things had been tough lately, food was scarcer with every day, the whole mess with her feelings for Simba was still fresh in her heart, and her sister was pregnant with Scar's child of all things. The Pridelands were suffering and so she knew was her family who remained there, she longed to do something but there was nothing a lone lioness could do about it. Simba had made it clear he refused to confront his past and she hadn't the courage just yet to go back and try to convince him otherwise. He would likely just snub her and she couldn't take that again, she felt the ache all too well still.

She feared for Kata and her wellness, so she took every opportunity she could to bring her sister food, even if that meant going without herself. When she reached the top of the stone dais she moved to the middle and seated herself in the punishing sun, it warmed her even more up here but it was worth it, it hadn't yet heated the stone to burning her since it was early morning. She bowed her head, her eyes closed, and said her silent prayers to the Spirits that they keep her family safe, and aid the Pridelanders, she had made these requests often but nothing had happened yet. She just kept hoping that one of these days her pleas would do some good, even if they didn't, they did her some good to know she was at least doing something small.

She sighed softly when she was done and lifted her head, her dark blue eyes sliding open as she glanced out at the savannah around her. It was odd to think that this had been her home for more years than the one she had been born in, she had been alone for far longer than she cared for now, unable to see her sister as frequently now that she was the King's property. An unhappy growl rumbled in her throat and chest at the notion, she didn't often feel anger but she did at this King and the others that scared Kata so. Her black claws slid from their sheaths and kneaded at the rock while she thought over the terrible stories she had been told. Things were getting bad there and the drought was helping nothing, even out here the effects could be felt, though clouds danced teasingly along the horizon they never came and released their rains.

The Spirits were being unfair, punishing them all for something they could not control and for once she felt her faith waiver. What had they done to deserve such a thing, "WHAT?" she roared it aloud and her angered and frustrated cry rolled out across the golden grasses with abandon, even she needed to let out pent up steam every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Giza

Giza

Pride Points : 449321

I'm Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Losing Faith   I'm Losing Faith EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:17 am

In the weeks since Giza had left the Lowlands with Upendo, she had learned a great deal about herself. The last time she had been out in the open, unclaimed lands, she had been only a small cub, lost and helpless and nearly hopeless. Now she found that her sense of direction had improved, somehow. Her stamina was increasing with each day's physical exertion, and though the first few days had been completely draining, she now found that she had more energy to keep moving. She was able to match Upendo's stride, even though he was bigger than she was. And Giza now found that every second without Upendo was a second wasted. They had been close since childhood, but their closeness was evolving into an intimacy that made Giza both nervous and ecstatic. Still, he had needed to rest and Giza left him safely to take a sniff around for a meal.

They had departed from the shelter of the jungle to find a various collection of siblings, some of Upendo's and one of Giza's, with limited success. So far, they had only encountered one of the missing family members, in the form of a white lion with a dark, handsome mane named Ziko. There was still no sign of Tasa, the sister that Giza had not seen for years no. She could be anywhere, Giza reasoned, and therefore they shouldn't give up. It wasn't a hopeless endeavor. But every passing day made it more difficult for Giza to believe this. Every day that went by without a trace of Tasa weighed heavily upon Giza, but she would not be deterred. Her mind was made up, and she had to find her.

Though Tasa was still missing, Giza had found a cub and had every intention of rescuing him, taking him back to the jungle where he would be safe, but she had failed in this as well. The young male cub had vanished shortly after Giza had discovered him, alone and lost, looking for a mother she was fairly certain had been killed. As she scouted around the area for prey, she hoped she would find the cub. Instead, she heard the anguished cry of a female, alarmingly close. She froze instantly, ever wary of what could be lurking nearby. But the lioness she found was more astonishing to Giza than she was expecting. She recognized her the second she came close enough to make out the patterns of her fur. The brown muzzle was a dead giveaway. Giza paused, trying to recall a name she had learned only once, years ago, and it came to her within seconds: "Imani!"
Back to top Go down
Imani

Imani

I'm Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Losing Faith   I'm Losing Faith EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 pm

The frustrated cry had helped her feel better and the lioness dropped her head between her paws, eyes closed again and her ears pinned back against her head. "Why..." she whispered softly, a sudden voice however broke her silence and burst the bubble of loneliness and pain that she had been all alone in. Not only was it a voice, but one that called her name that she didn't recognize, her head came up quickly and looked towards the voice immediately blue eyes taking in the foreign lioness but something about her was familiar. She studied her, a brighter russet pelt than she'd ever seen, bright light blue eyes, a scar on her nose...surely it wasn't, "Giza?!" she asked incredulously and pounced from her perch onto the stairs and then down to the level of the lioness.

"Is that really you? My, my how you have grown" she said with a lilt to her tone as always, a smile on her muzzle. It had been so long since she had seen the cub, their first and only meeting hadn't been long but she remembered it well, teaching the girl about the past of the Pridelands before encouraging her to stay safely in her jungle home. It appeared that the lioness before her however was grown, had it really been so long since they had met? Two years? The time had certainly flown by and the lioness felt her age for only a moment before she moved towards the other lioness just like her old self, she would not show the girl the self loathing and pity she had been wallowing in. She wasn't the type, never had been.

She had to wonder what the other lioness was doing out here, had she finally become a rogue like she'd seemingly wanted to? Maybe she was hunting, it wasn't uncommon to see some pride lions out here hunting, she had seen only but a few though. She fixed large blue expectant eyes on the girl, unsure if she should nuzzle her hello, they had been friendly but she was unsure if they had been that friendly.
Back to top Go down
Giza

Giza

I'm Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Losing Faith   I'm Losing Faith EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:42 am

The moment Giza blurted out the name so carelessly, she worried that she had made a mistake, announcing her presence so openly. She had learned to be ever cautious away from the safe embrace of the jungle she had adopted, plus what were the chances that the other would remember her as well? But Giza was not to be disappointed, as her unusual coloration seemingly sparked Imani's recollection upon first sight as well. She even remembered her name, despite the lapse of time since their first and only meeting. A light laugh escaped as she nodded eagerly, bubbly as a waterfall and uncharacteristic of the former princess of the Pridelands, but it couldn't be helped. "I can't believe it!"

If Giza was surprised, Imani was equally so, and the younger lioness felt a moment of pride when Imani commented on how much she had grown. Against all odds, the unwanted, unloved cub had grown up. Her fur may have been the spitting image of her devilish father, but any comparison ended there. Imani hesitated briefly, uncertain whether their second chance encounter warranted a warm greeting, and Giza answered the question by filling the gap herself. She had been searching for someone else, but this unexpected meeting was still very exciting. They had met so long ago, and yet Giza could still recall the day as if it had been only yesterday. It had been a fateful day in the best way possible; there was no telling what may have happened to Giza, had she returned to her father's dying lands when she was young and still helpless. With a gentle nuzzle, she couldn't help but laugh her usual low, rumbling chuckle, still in disbelief.

"I have often wondered what happened to you after that day. I never expected to see you again, though. I stayed in the jungle and it has been the best decision I could have made." Thoughts of Upendo threatened to hijack her train of thinking, but she dismissed them with the shake of her head as she settled, sitting down on the warm savannah ground. She would return to him soon enough, but now was the time to catch up with an old friend. Imani was a few years older as well, but she looked exactly the same to Giza, who was accutely aware that she had changed more than even she could comprehend. Had Imani been wandering alone in unclaimed, neutral lands for all of those years? The thought caused Giza to pause pensively, considering the situation, falling silent to allow Imani her chance to speak.
Back to top Go down
Imani

Imani

I'm Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Losing Faith   I'm Losing Faith EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Imani's reservations were quickly dispelled as Giza moved forward in a friendly nuzzle that the beige lioness returned with a smile. Not only had the female grown up but she seemed to have also gained a better outlook on life if her warm nuzzle and chuckles were anything to go by. She smiled gently at the cub now grown in front of her, "I have been...well, still a Rogue as you can see, the wanderlust isn't so easily evaded when you've had it as long as I have" she said with a low laugh. That wasn't the complete truth, it was the longing to only have one pride that kept her from joining another, and the longing for her family that was about to grow due to her sister's current condition.

"I wondered myself if you had stayed in the Jungle, it's good to know that you did! It has treated you well I see" she said and gave the female an appraising look. She had grown up strong and beautiful, and her personality was a far cry from the petulant cub that Imani had met so long ago in the Savannah. She did frown for a moment, but it was out of curiosity and she tilted her head slightly, "but what are you doing out here then? Everything is all right I hope" she asked, her tone holding a slight edge of worry, was something amiss in her jungle home? Was something amiss with her? The older lioness was likely letting herself worry for nothing and she kept those thoughts to herself, instead letting Giza have the time to speak for herself if she so chose.
Back to top Go down
Giza

Giza

I'm Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Losing Faith   I'm Losing Faith EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Giza was happily unaware of the familial bond that was unwittingly forming between herself and Imani, growing in the belly of the other’s sister at that very moment. If Giza had known she had one final sibling on the way, it would have upset her a great deal. Of course she had long assumed that her father would create dozens of cubs, if he felt the need to do so, but she was so far removed from her natal pride that she was clueless. She never would have dreamed that her father’s cruel reign would be over – and soon. She had only heard stories of Simba but never guessed he was still alive, or that Imani knew him. Still, the urge to wander had never been strong in Giza, who had always been on the lazy side. Even as a young cub, she had been more content to lounge around in the shade than venture out into the merciless, blistering heat of the Pridelands.

Her own journey beyond the Pridelands' borders had been accidental, and her current trek served a purpose. ”Have you ever considered joining the Lowlanders? It is a safe pride, and I’ll bet Queen Nyota would accept you,” she offered innocently, just trying to be helpful. The notion of family had been nearly forgotten in Giza’s mind, but now she knew that her mother and brother would be waiting for her to return to their newly adopted home in the high country. Regardless, she had always had Upendo there for her. A thought crept into her mind like a hunter stalking: Had Imani spent all of those years alone? She frowned, head tilting just slightly as she now took a moment to regard the lioness before her. Imani was still young. Did she really want to wander, or was there something more to it? Was she missing someone, too?

”I’m looking for someone – well, a few someones. My sister was cast out of the Pridelands and she hasn’t been seen ever since. And Upendo’s brothers, any guess is as good as mine.” The prospect of finding the missing lioness called Tasa seemed less hopeful every day, but Giza had sworn to herself that she wouldn’t return to the safety of the jungle without having first located the sister she had not seen for many years now. As for Upendo’s lost brothers, they had been successful in finding one – but Ziko had seemingly vanished soon after being reunited with Upendo, and Jabari was gone without a trace. The savannah was a big place, and there was simply no telling what had become of the trio of long-lost siblings they searched for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm Losing Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Losing Faith   I'm Losing Faith Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Losing Faith
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TLK: Dark Horizon :: Everything The Light Touches :: Savannah :: Stone Dias-
Jump to: