HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Darkness Rising EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Darkness Rising EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Darkness Rising EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Darkness Rising EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Darkness Rising EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Darkness Rising EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Darkness Rising EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Darkness Rising EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Darkness Rising EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Darkness Rising

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

Pride Points : 449663

Darkness Rising Empty
PostSubject: Darkness Rising   Darkness Rising EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:33 pm

The Coldlands, a place of beauty, snow and ice captured the essence of the territory perfectly. All loved it, but he hated it. He was not a famed ruler of the land, or anyone of importance, just a simple male who hadn't been exiled from the pride yet. But Shinikizo wasn't planning on being exiled, no, he had something much more grand in store. He would rise to be king, no matter what it took, even if it meant killing the only ruler he found suitable for the job. But hopefully, it wouldn't have to come to that.

Kizo had been walking for miles, and he finally made his way to the neutral zone of the lands where he was born. He had become accustomed to walking on the ice, so he did just that. Padding over to the middle of the vast ice plot and laid down and started to think. Why wasn't he chosen as king? It was true that a lineage had been established, but all-in-all, he was the most suitable wasn't he? Shinikizo may only be an adult by age, but he was still a cub in every other aspect of his life. He only wanted to prove to his father he was better...

...His father...

The lion roared and slashed his claws at the ice in front of him, tears rolling down his cheeks. The attack made the ice before him crack and fall into the lake, sinking down to the black abyss of the bottom. The lion jumped back in almost fear, had he done that? After checking to see the ice around him wasn't subject to the same thing, he prodded closer, peering into the ice blue water. He saw his reflection, the deep bloody scar, the bright crimson and cerulean eyes, he hated it, he hated it. But then what was worse, was he saw his father's reflection.

Now normally Kizo wouldn't be so frightened, but it was like his father was staring back at him, disappointed. He was scared, his anger had seemingly manifested itself into his father. The lion backed away from the broken ice and sat, contemplating his actions and what he would have to do next.
Back to top Go down
Ismahel

Ismahel

Pride Points : 449919

Darkness Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness Rising   Darkness Rising EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:14 pm

One of the many caverns was well enough to escape the cold. A stray antelope had somehow found it's way to the base of the mountains, and there it was quickly startled to it's doom by Ismahel, who had made it fall off of a cliff. Now he had dragged it up to his cave and there he had eaten it until he was not hungry anymore. It was rare that he got that lucky, to find something other than birds on his lands. The white lion was settling in for a nap when a loud roar vibrated through the air. His blue eyes snapped open, and he peered out from the entrance to his den. While he could not see anything, he knew that someone had to have made that noise. The king began his descent to investigate. His paws carefully stepped down the jagged path of the rocks. Lower and lower he got, with his ears lifted and blue eyes looking for the source of the noise.

Soon the frozen waters near the mountain base had come into his view. They were normally just a flat, clear, almost inviting space for all around that held a hidden danger of cracking beneath one's paws. Today, there was a figure that broke the normal flat view of the land. He knew this lion, somehow, but could not remember his name. The two bore a scar across their face, but probably for different reasons. Ismahel got his in a play fight with his brother. The two had gotten a little too rough and he got a slash across his eye. His thoughts returned back to the stranger. As Ismahel got closer, eh could see the mood the other lion was in. It was evident by the hunched shoulders, the bowed head, and Ismahel's first thought was to just leave him be. His white form turned as he began to make his way back up the mountain. This lion was not hurting anyone, and he did not want to disturb him in his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

Darkness Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness Rising   Darkness Rising EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Kizo had been staring into the pool of water that he had excavated, staring at his father's face in his reflection. What did this mean? Was he turning into his father? But then something else emerged, it was his mother. Her pure white pelt was almost invisible in the cool clear water. It brought tears to the male's eyes, she had a disappointed face on, and he knew it was because of his plan. "I'm sorry mother, I promise I'll bring you honor," And with that, the reflection became his own, and Shinikizo was left staring at his dual eye colors, gained from his father's abusiveness.

But then, he heard the rocks behind him a ways settle and a soft padding on the ice below him. The male recognized that padding immediately, it was Ismahel's, his king's. The reflection quickly reverted back to his father, then his mother, then back to himself. It was scary that his parents were looking down on him in the afterlife, but it seemed that the teachings about the Kings of the Past were also true for the non-royals as himself.

The padding stopped and then continued, going in the opposite direction as it were. It wasn't time to execute his plan, and he was still greatly loyal to his king. So getting on his good side would be a bonus along with loyalty right? The male stood and turned to his king's fleeting form, a small roar left Shinikizo's muzzle alerting Ismahel that he knew he was here. But after a few seconds the male padded towards him, planning to meet him halfway once his king decided to turn around,

"Sire, you don't have to leave," But finally, Shinikizo bowed and kept his eyes and body lower than most to show his gratitude. Even whilst speaking he did not return to his normal stance, he would release the bow when his king said so, "Did you need something from me your majesty?"
Back to top Go down
Ismahel

Ismahel

Darkness Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness Rising   Darkness Rising EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:45 am

Another roar reached his ears, and Ismahel looked back to see Shinikizo behind him. Ismahel's paw was lifted in mid-step and he lowered it to the ground, just so he could turn to face the other male. The other approached him and Ismahel gave a warm smile to him, one to show friendship toward the other. This was part of his pride, and he was glad of it. It was not as lonely here with a companion. Sire? Now that was something that was going to take some getting used to. "It is quite alright. I did not mean to disturb your thoughts." He said, since there was nothing pressing to be done. Now, this royal treatment was definitely going to take some getting used to. Ismahel was going to feel he should work with his pride and for his pride, not have them work for him like slaves. He was certainly not that sort of king. He felt that a king who worked with his pride and for his pride was more revered than one who ruled by fear.

"Oh no, I was just seeing who was here. I had heard a roar and became curious." He explained to the other, "Is everything all right?" He inquired, genuinely concerned for the well-being of his fellow pride mate. In fact, a thought had crossed his mind. Of course, Ismahel would only do this if he felt Shinikizo was worthy, but he could eventually make him practically second-in-command, beneath Ismahel and, should he take a queen, he would be just beneath her as well. Of course, the white lion was just the type who would only hand out any sort of 'rank' to those whom he feels are deserving of it, who have worked hard and paid their loyalties to the pride. Blue eyes looked to the darker colored lion as he noticed Kizo's bi-colored eyes. The scar was also noted, but he did not think Kizo should feel self-conscious about it, it made Ismahel think of his own scar.

Ah, perhaps one day he would become decorated with more scars. He was not the type who liked decorating himself with scars, but he knew that it would show a sign of strength, or perhaps a sign of loss. Either way, scars told a story, but again, he was not the type to go out looking for a fight just to become covered in the disfiguring markings. Of course, he knew this could very easily be changed someday, especially since he was king. It meant he would have to defend his pride from challengers, and fight to keep his crown. That was one of the worst downfalls to being a king. Someone could plot to try to over-throw him, or murder him or out-right challenge him for his lands, and try to take the crown. He hoped that he would not have to worry about that, and everyone will pretty well leave him alone. Besides, the Pridelands were better to challenge for anyways, they had more food than the Coldlands, and was a more hospitable place.
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

Darkness Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness Rising   Darkness Rising EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:55 pm

As Shinikizo rose his head, he shook his head and chuckled silently, "No sire it is perfectly alright, they were old thoughts anyways. Nothing to be worried about," ...For now... The male though young was still strong, years of abuse from his father made him strong enough to be able to endure pain, probably better than his king here. But then, he realized the Ismahel had heard him roar and came looking. He did not mean for his roar to cause any trouble so he bowed his head slightly and apologized.

"My apologies Ismahel, I was angry at myself for not pushing myself hard enough in the hunt," the lies spun with no effort put forth. It wasn't often that the males in a pride went hunting, but in harsh conditions such as the Coldlands, everyone had to be on their game and join in the hunting parties. "Everything's fine, just some self counselling I had to endure," The male then realized that his king was studying his own eyes and scar, it almost made Kizo shrink in fear of the memories, but he held his ground.

"This scar, was from my father, do you remember him sire? Abusive as ever, so the claw that scarred me also hit my eye which made it bleed, staining my mother's iris that I inherited. You remember my mother right? She looked just like you," His mother was the same white pelt as Ismahel, although with an obsidian tail instead of his king's white. His parents died when Shinikizo was young, but maybe the king remembered his parents. Even if he was only a cub himself when it happened.
Back to top Go down
Ismahel

Ismahel

Darkness Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness Rising   Darkness Rising EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:12 am

Well, Ismahel was not entirely convinced, but if Shinikizo said that he was fine, then the white lion would have to be content to believe him. Of course, the explanation for the roar did confuse the king a little. Falling for his lies, he gave a smile "Don't worry about it. In fact, I found an antelope looking for food on the mountain." He explained, "Needless to say I sent it to an early grave, but there's plenty of food for the both of us." He added. If there had been more lionesses, then there probably would not have been enough, but they could probably live off of it for a day or two. It would feel good to have a full belly at least for one day.

It seemed that Kizo had spotted Ismahel staring at his scar and his eye, because Kizo had told him where it was from. Ismahel thought for a moment. The memories that flooded his mind filled him with rage. "Yes...I remember." He said, remembering that certain lion, wishing he had been able to kill that lion himself for what he had done. His parents had tried to hide the abuse Kizo suffered from Ismahel and Ismahel's siblings, but it never did any good. Ismahel seemed to have seen the signs anyways, but was never able to really understand what was going on. "Your mother was a nice lioness." He said, it seemed that most of the lionesses here either died or left, and it left the pride feeling rather empty. Were Shinikizo and Ismahel just the only two lions around that were strong enough to brave the dangerous cliffs and icy conditions daily?

"As for hunting, do not worry about it. I am certain we can catch some of the herds as they are are passing by. The river may also bear fish, we should probably collect and store food before everything becomes very much dry." He said, conducting a plan of action. Of course, he would very much be helping. It was going to take the work of both of them if they want to survive. Looking back up towards the dens, he looked to the one that he left the antelope in, and looked back to Shinikizo "How about we grab a bite to eat? As I said, there's enough for both of us." He added. Shinikizo's father was dead now, and Ismahel wanted to help give him a little better life.
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

Darkness Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness Rising   Darkness Rising EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:45 pm

A small smile was brought to Kizo's face when Ismahel remembered his mother. Even noting that she was kind, unlike her mate. It made the male miss her dearly, but only knowing that if she were still here, his father might also be here. But then, the king mentioned that the need for stockpiling food was necessary, for even in the Coldlands and the constant melting snow, things became dry and fast. The light toned russet male nodded and stood up to follow his king. It then hit Shinikizo that there were not as many members of the pride as there had once been.

That put a large dent in his plans, why would Shinikizo kill the king if there was no one left in the pride but himself? Wasn't that just like being the last one on the planet? He had to wait to receive his chance of becoming king, possibly after searching for an heir to be given. He knew that he wanted more than one, and he would take whatever he got. Males, females, anything but deceased cubs. The cubs would all receive the same reasoning on why their mother wasn't here. And he knew in time his plan would work.

"Sire," Shinikizo started, "have you thought about a queen for yourself? I'm sure our sister pride must have a lioness you can claim as your own,"
Back to top Go down
Ismahel

Ismahel

Darkness Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness Rising   Darkness Rising EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:47 am

Poor Shinikizo, he must miss his mother. Ismahel was unaware of what was going on with this other male, when he was a cub, but now that he was older, he understood. It was then he had adverted the subject to stock-piling food. There were plenty of very cold places to keep the food and keep it fresh for as long as possible. There was hardly enough food in the Coldlands as it was, and the reason he had mentioned they should stockpile before everything becomes dry was because the Savannah's were becoming dry, and this meant the herds were going to be moving on. Hopefully some would move into the mountains, and there Ismahel and Shinikizo could feast upon a few of them. It would make it to where they would not have to worry about food for a while at least.

It was then the other male had spoken about if Ismahel had thought about a queen for himself, and suggested one of their sister prides must have a lioness to claim as his own. Ismahel shook his head no, "A queen would be nice, I will admit, but no pride will ever allow me to obtain their lioness without me offering something in return, and I have nothing to offer in return. I think we will only gather enough food for what little we have." He said, still trying to think of a way he could convince one of the other prides to let a lioness or two come and live in the Coldlands, but what would he offer in return?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darkness Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness Rising   Darkness Rising Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkness Rising
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TLK: Dark Horizon :: More To Do Than Can Ever Be Done :: Archives-
Jump to: