HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Latest topics
» Bright Star Weyr
Star-Crossed Lovers EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:48 am by Guest

» New Harry Potter Role Play, Just Started!
Star-Crossed Lovers EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm by Guest

» RULLORE::Fantasy Horse RPG
Star-Crossed Lovers EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm by Guest

» Sohtrie's Source
Star-Crossed Lovers EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am by Guest

» The Island Role Play
Star-Crossed Lovers EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Guest

» Shinobi Chronicles: Fall of the Reform
Star-Crossed Lovers EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm by Guest

» Kingdom Hearts: Light's Rebirth
Star-Crossed Lovers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am by Guest

» Farewell
Star-Crossed Lovers EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 am by Ismahel

» Lovespell [jcink]
Star-Crossed Lovers EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm by Guest

Census
The Pridelanders
Scar & Zira
♂04 ♀05

The Outlanders
Kiume & --
♂04 ♀02

The Coldlanders
Ismahel & --
♂03 ♀03

The Shadowlanders
Ni & Abuto
♂07 ♀03

The Desertlanders
-- & Quanna
♂02 ♀03

The Lowlanders
Nyota & Duara
♂02 ♀09

The Ashlanders
Nako & Heshima
♂02 ♀03

The Rogues
♂04 ♀04

The Other Species
♂03 ♀00

Total: 63
♂31 ♀32

* - Character Found in Want Ads

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Star-Crossed Lovers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

Pride Points : 449663

Star-Crossed Lovers Empty
PostSubject: Star-Crossed Lovers   Star-Crossed Lovers EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:50 pm

The walk from the Coldlands to the beautiful Lowlands had been mostly silent, the cubs wouldn't talk to him and no matter what he did; they wouldn't budge. Instead the two boys talked among themselves, and Shinikizo did his best to keep out of their conversations. The change in temperature as the trio crossed through the Savannah seemed to make his skin crawl and he longed for the frozen wasteland that he called home. But soon he would be with his other three children and his mate again. As Shinikizo saw the edge of the Lowlands, his heart started to race and he began to pick up his pace. The cubs finally noticed what their father was looking at and raced past him, disappearing into the Lowland jungle before he could give them the get go. The male padded into the lush jungle and looked around for the Lowland Queens, they were nowhere in sight so he breathed in a sigh of relief. But for all he knew they could be just feet away.

Shinikizo looked around the neutral lands that he knew and quickly found a small pool of water to quench his thirst. It wasn't stealing for this was old Highland territory but yet still considered part of the Lowlands. As the cool liquid raced down Shinikizo's throat, he shuddered. It had been a long trip and all the male wanted to do was sleep. But he couldn't yet, he had to wait for Shani and his girls. The girls, Sakina and Malaika, Kizo wondered how much they had grown. All he remembered was that Sakina had inherited his bright cerulean eyes, and Malaika her mother's violet. He hoped that their brothers would send them over to him, but he might just have to venture into the Lowlands himself to find them. The words of Nyota echoed in the dual eyed male, he couldn't step in the Lowland territory without a fight on his hands, so why should he risk it? Even though he longed to see his children, Kizo would wait here, hoping his scent would carry through the lands.

How has Shani fared in these past seven months? Had she found another lover, one better and more sane than Kizo himself was? Or had she rose through the ranks and become a trusted adviser of the two queens that ruled the bountiful lands? But then, what if something horrific had happened to her? What if the pride had been attacked, and what if she had been gravely injured in her attempts to save the cubs? No, there was no threat in the Lowlands, and if there was and Shani was hurt, the queens would have sent the cubs to live with him. Right? But Kizo pushed those thoughts out of his head, those weren't the things to be thinking at the moment. The lion lied down and put his head in his paws, waiting for someone, anyone to come find him. All that Shinikizo hoped for was that whoever found them would be his family. Either that, or an ally of his family, that wouldn't hurt or take him to the Lowland Queens. The male shivered at the thought of their wrath but brushed it off. He hoped to see Shani first, but his girls would also do.
Back to top Go down
Shani

Shani

Pride Points : 448614

PostSubject: Re: Star-Crossed Lovers   Star-Crossed Lovers EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:42 pm

As Duara had often patrolled, naturally Nyota and Nyima had become worried over her, Shani had seen this. She also worried for her other Queen's health and well-being, as both Queen's were so kind to her. She felt ashamed every time she thought of that confrontation, but they had still accepted her and her decision. She hadn't wanted to let her babies go, believe her, but as the father Shinikizo had a right to take them. She thanked her lucky stars that she'd at least been able to keep a majority of the litter, even though her darling Jabari and Ziko had been taken. She worried that Jabari would despise her for this betrayal, and Ziko also. She now knew how Kizo felt with both cubs seeming to dislike him, it was a heart-breaking feeling that your own cubs did not love you. As she felt she owed the Queen's, she had taken on some of Duara's patrolling duties for the Queen and now paced across the borders in the sun. It was rather tiresome and boring to do your patrols, and she felt sympathy for Duara as she had done it for so long when she had Nyima waiting for her back at the caves.

Shani sighed as her thoughts drifted back to the Coldlands, where Shinikizo was. She felt mixed about her emotions over him, as she felt a strong love and tenderness for him that was accompanied with anger. She wondered if he'd moved on from her, if he'd found another lioness that trusted him blindly and did not doubt him as she had. She didn't like that thought at all, it made her blood boil and her pupils dilate with jealousy. Just the thought of another lioness being intimate with him made a wave of depression crash over her and she had to focus hard on something else to distract her mind from that horrible thought. She thought of Malaika, Sakina and Upendo, how adorable each were and how much she loved them. Upendo's mis-matched eyes that were red and purple - each his mother and his father - made her feel warm, Sakina's cerulean blue made her seem full on innocence and love, whilst Malaika's colouring that was so similar to her own made her feel special also. She also had grown fond of little Nyima, the Princess, whom had taken to Upendo quite well. She thought about Giza, the stray cub that her Upendo had found.

She smiled as she thought again of Upendo, he was so kind and full of love. She would never want him to change, to become some ruthless killer. He was an angel in her eyes, and she could envision him always protecting his sisters from harm. She saw the next lioness approaching for her turn to patrol, and she felt a sigh leave her lips. She nodded her head and continued to walk along the border towards the Highland Ridge, until she picked up a familiar scent. It couldn't be... could it? She gasped and began to run as fast as she could, the scent leading her to where he laid. She slowed her gait and came to a stop, her eyes fixed on his form. Whether to jump on him and growl menacingly, or to sit beside him and assure him that she still loved him was the question... "Shinikizo?"
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

PostSubject: Re: Star-Crossed Lovers   Star-Crossed Lovers EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:14 pm

An hour, maybe two, had passed since the trio of males had arrived at the Lowland territory and no one had come looking for the male. Shinikizo brushed it off, he got it, he was only the one to sire these cubs. But to receive their love? Impossible. The only cub who had been nice to him on their meeting was young Upendo, but Shinikizo turned him away like the rest of his litter that stayed. Shinikizo didn't mean to do it, he had many reasons to justify not bringing his son along, but Upendo never seemed to understand. None of Kizo's cubs seemed to understand that what he tried to do was for the best of them. A large litter surely would point to favoritism, and one parents trying to raise said litter alone? It was almost calling for insanity. All Shinikizo wanted was to be the best father that he could be, but his sons were denying him the chance, the chance to be give them a good life. The training he had them going through, it was merely survival, but even they were wary of that.

Soon a scent filled the air, followed by a voice almost as pure as the nectar of the gods. Shinikizo's dual colored eyes flew open and was shocked to see his mate standing before him. He quickly stood up and tears threatened to fall out of his eyes. "S-Shani!" The male took a step forward but quickly halted, remembering the Lowland Queens' words. "I'd come greet you my love, but I don't wish to have your queens sending me to prison today for stepping into their non-neutral lands," A small chuckle was emitted, "Jaba and Ziko are already in the lands, they're fine so don't worry about them," All Shinikizo could do was stare at his mate, the one that he truly loved. Forget Sarafina and the cub that was now forming in her womb, this was who he wanted to be with. Little did Shinikizo know that this would be the last time that the two would lay eyes on each other. For the male's impending death was nearing every day that passed. And Kizo was none the wiser to the fact.

As Shinikizo looked over Shani's body, he was relieved to see that none had marred her perfect body. The Lowlands seemed to be a safe haven and Shani's well being was the perfect example. A sigh of relief was given and the male sat down once more, staring into the violet eyes he fell in love with. "I've really missed you Shani," he said with truthfulness in his voice, "the Coldlands are lonely without you there," There would be time for Shinikizo to tell her about how his sons hated him, and how this rogue "wants" him to father her child. And the only lie coming out of his mouth today would be about Sarafina. After the deed had been done, Shinikizo felt -and still feels- horrible that he did that. yet, it had to be done to ensure that he had a cub he could mold from birth, son or daughter. The male would reveal to Shani the master plan that he had, and how he and his family before him see the royal family as inadequate. He knew his family would one day rule the Coldlands, he could feel it in his soul. But would they really? Never.
Back to top Go down
Shani

Shani

PostSubject: Re: Star-Crossed Lovers   Star-Crossed Lovers EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:46 am

Shani stood in front of Shinikizo for what seemed like hours, but was really only a few seconds. Millions of thoughts wildly ran through her head, and she was frozen in place for that moment in time where everything seemed to fade into the background as she stared at him. Her thoughts mixed and whirled around, merging and confusing her to the point where she felt dizzy. She blinked once, twice, three times, and yet still felt as frozen in place as she had before. His voice made her feel a strange sense of re-assurance despite the fact that she should not feel happy around him. He had stolen her cubs, hadn't he? But did Shani really believe that? No, she didn't. He had just as much a right to the cubs as she had, and she'd been blinded by her love for them to the point where she started to accuse Shinikizo of things that could not be true. And they weren't.

Shinikizo's intentions had been pure, he'd merely wanted to take those two boys - as Upendo had been left for her as a symbol of his love - and raise them as his own sons. She believed him now, that Ismahel may have lain a paw against her daughters and she knew his intentions were good. She could feel it within her very soul, it made her absolutely positive. When he spoke that her sons were fine, she found the will to move and she stepped towards him slowly. Then quicker, until she came to a halt right in front of him. Her next movement was slow, as she came to sit beside him and nestled her head against his neck.

Her body shook as she tried not to cry, and cry she did not. She held herself together and placed a paw over his, over-joyed to see him once more. "Kizo, you have come back to me. I have missed you, and I am sorry for the accusations that I made against you. I merely loved my boys, and I did not wish to let them go but I can see now your intentions were all in good will. You have a right as their father, after all, to care for them." She purred happily, excited to talk to him about the cubs, about Upendo and Nyima - how adorable the two were with their crushes they were un-aware of on ne another - and about everything in general. She also wanted to hear about him, about how he was. She'd missed him dearly.
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

PostSubject: Re: Star-Crossed Lovers   Star-Crossed Lovers EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:06 pm

A large grin formed on Shinikizo's face as Shani came racing towards him and he nuzzled her warmly. He shushed her as she apologized for everything she had done, the accusations, snapping on him, everything. Oh how he wished this would be where he could live, with Shani and his family, but he had unfinished business to attend to in the Coldlands, his true home. "I wish I could stay here forever with you darling, but your queens wouldn't care for the idea," the male paused, "nor would I think my king," Truth be told, Ismahel had nothing to do with Shani's departure with the cubs, but Shinikizo couldn't wrap his twisted mind around it. The only lion he was now sane around were Shani and his cubs, but he still couldn't attempt to be fully sane. He still thought that Ismahel had everything to do with his love leaving, and he swore there was still some hatred towards his sons. Only he couldn't see the compassion that his king had for his cubs, for he was never around when it happened. The male pushed the thoughts to the back of his head and smiled, pressing his muzzle against her forehead.

"How are our daughters?" Shinikizo asked, every day he thought about Malaika and Sakina, if they were doing better than their brothers in the matriarch led pride. "And what of Upendo? Does he have all the girls swooning over him?" Upendo's name meant love, and if Shinikizo wanted anything for his look-a-like son, he knew that he wanted him to have more playmates than just his sisters. Although he would rather him not fall for the Lowland Princess, he knew that it might be inevitable. He wondered how much his little darlings had grown, how much stronger his son had become. He wanted to see all of his cubs in this visit, but he knew that his son would avoid him just like his brothers seemed to do. So seeing his daughters would be the most glorious thing that he could wish for, he did have a surprise for them anyways. But Shinikizo sighed and looked to the ground, "I wish I could bring some stories about the boys, but I can't. They hate me Shani, I try to be the best dad I can but, they won't let me," Shinikizo closed his eyes and placed his chin on Shani's shoulder, using her as slight support, "They hate me Shani, I can't put it any other way than that,"

"Jabari won't even talk to me anymore! He even called me names to my face, Meanie Tail and Ugly Face if I recall correctly. He seems to think that my training, purely survival, is meant to teach him to kill another lion. I just want our sons to be strong Shani, and they won't even give me that." The male thought back to the pure white son of his and he brought him up as well, "Ziko, he's distant, I've tried to get him to open up, but like Jaba he doesn't even seem to care. I think they're minds are set on hating me because of my behavior when I came to get them you know? I was out of line, I seemed forceful. Scratch that, I was forceful. But they don't even seem to care about listening to my apologies and the truth about how much I love them, you, and their siblings," Shinikizo stood and turned away from his mate and lowered his head again, tears starting to fall and he tried to sniff them away. He turned his head and with teary eyes stared at his mate. "I just try to be the best father Shani, but all I seem to do is screw it up. I never had caring parents so I have no idea how one should act, but-" The scarred male couldn't talk anymore, he just turned his head and cried for a few moments. He uttered out a simple, "Sorry". And with that he waited for Shani to speak, hoping she could offer up comforting words.
Back to top Go down
Shani

Shani

PostSubject: Re: Star-Crossed Lovers   Star-Crossed Lovers EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:35 am

Shani felt a fool for so willingly allowing herself to doubt everything that Shinikizo had told her. She was glad to have him so easily accepting and forgiving of her after her own atrocious behaviour. She felt shameful just thinking about it, and her stomach twisted in guilt. "I could convince them though, really, I know i'm not the best pride member but i've tried my best and the cubs are good companions for Princess Nyima," Shani piped up eagerly, her eyes alight with happiness at the idea that he could stay with her. Her words didn't make sense even to her, but her excitement was too great. However, she felt her entire body slump as disappointment replaced previous delight. "Ah, yes, your King," Shani's sadness leaked into her tone and she sighed as his muzzle rested against her forehead.

Shani smiled softly at him as he asked about their daughters. The girls were quite fine, albeit a little lazy at times, and she could not wait to tell him about the new addition. Little Giza seemed reserved, but Shani already was fond of the cub. She seemed... different. "They are wonderful, sweet little girls, despite their occasional laziness. But, we have a new member to our Pride. She has a lovely, red coat and she's rather shy but I think she's lovely. Giza's her name," Shani smiled happily as she thought of all the cubs running around the Lowlands. Amusement flickered through the lionesses eyes. She laughed gently as he mentioned Upendo. "Why he was the one that found Giza! I do believe the Princess has taken a liking for him, too," Shani commented thoughtfully.

Her eyes widened in surprise at his next comment and then they were filled with sadness. Of course they could not be expected to care for their father as he seemed so heartless when he took them away - something that was not helped by her blunt refusal. She felt saddened every day that she'd behaved like that. "Shinikizo, they are still cubs. Just be there for them, always try to obtain the best for them. Try to understand their displeasure with you. I'm sure they will forgive you and love you soon, I bet they love you now but are struggling to recognise this feeling because of what they believe they should be feeling towards you." Shani reasoned, a paw placed over his own in reassurance.
Back to top Go down
Shinikizo

Shinikizo

PostSubject: Re: Star-Crossed Lovers   Star-Crossed Lovers EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Upon hearing that he daughters had been fairing well, Shinikizo smiled and nodded his head. The little red girl that had found her way into the pride intrigued the male and he cocked his head to the right, "We have a female with that description in our own lands, I wonder if they're related some how. Although I don't remember Imara having mentioned a cub," A small chuckle was given when he heard about Upendo being the one to find the girl and that Nyima had been attracted to him. But then it hit him; Nyima. No, he wouldn't allow this, that was Ismahel's daughter. She had his blood running through her veins. Upendo would not be with that spawn, not now, not ever. Not while he had a choice about it that was. But Shinikizo had no idea that he would never see his cub again, never knowing who he would one day start a family with. Would it be this new Giza cub that he had found? Would it be Shinikizo's worst fears, the daughter of his most hated enemy? Only time would tell on who his son would marry, and his only wish was for him to be happy. That, and for his future mate not to be Nyima. Addressing the situation, Shinikizo nodded, "Has she now? How is said princess anyways? Sakitu seems to be growing well in the Coldlands, I'd be better off bringing off news of her as well to keep on Ismahel's good side,"

Now Shinikizo held nothing against the princess, just her lineage. But he didn't wish to make one thing or the other obvious, just that he had a slight distaste for the Coldland and Lowland heirs. But he pushed those thoughts to the back of his head and wiped away the still forming tears. As Shani's words struck him as compassionate and kind, the male wondered if his sons would ever love him as she claimed. Either or, when she placed her paw on his he leaned forward and placed his head on her neck, nuzzling her softly. "Thanks Shani, I just hope they'll one day understand. They think it's because I forced them even though we had agreed. Maybe you can talk to them about it? Tell them that I'm telling them the truth? Maybe as their mother, you'll be able to get through to them better than I can." He was glad that he had Shani as a mate, even though in the beginning it was all just a plot to gain the necessary heirs needed for a legacy. He could trust her, he could love her, he could show her sides that he had never shown anyone before. Shani brought the best out of Shinikizo and that was something that he would never have again. His death was upon him, even if he had no idea that it was upon him. Shinikizo now pushed back to Jabari and smiled, "I love Jabari's eyes, he has his mother's. It gives me something to connect back to you so I can imagine seeing you every day my love,"

Shinikizo sighed, he knew he had to come clean about Sarafina, but he would twist one last lie to his mate. "Shani, please don't be mad and hear me out. There's a rogue wandering around the Coldlands, pregnant from her previous pride's king. It's obvious that she's about to die, she's very sick and likes to keep on the borders away from Ismahel and the rest of the pride. I found her while hunting and she has entrusted her new litter to me," There was no hesitation in the lying lion's voice and the scheme came out smooth as all his other lie had come out. But he held a small hint of despair in his voice, "I feel bad, I wish not to take her cubs but how could I leave cubs with a dead mother? Imara and the other females could nurse them, but I wish for this litter to know you as their mother Shani. You don't have to say yes, I can make sure they know that they're adopted, but still. In my heart, it just doesn't feel right," But little did Shani know, this new litter was of Shinikizo's own blood, just like his plan for her all along was. But with Shani he found love, and with Sarafina was all but just a lusting for the throne.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star-Crossed Lovers   Star-Crossed Lovers Empty

Back to top Go down

Star-Crossed Lovers
Page 1 of 1